Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Duane Washington Has a Career-Best Performance for Phoenix Suns Against Memphis Grizzlies

Chase Brown's picture
December 28, 2022 at 11:48am
8 Comments

Duane Washington Jr. contributed career-high points and assists as the Phoenix Suns defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 125-108 on Tuesday.

The former Buckeye, now in his second season in the NBA, scored 26 points and was 10 of 21 (47.6%) from the floor, including 5-of-9 shooting (55.6%) from deep, and added eight assists in the win. He also had four rebounds and one steal.

After the game, Washington said he felt comfortable on the floor and used his performance against the Grizzlies on Dec. 23 – one in which he scored 14 points and had five assists and three rebounds – as a catalyst for his efforts on Tuesday.

"It felt good, man," Washington said. "I've been working my tail off. I've just been believing in myself. Coaches believe in me. My teammates believe in me."

Phoenix head coach Monty Williams praised Washington in his postgame press conference and said the Suns needed a stellar performance from one or more of his players with star guard Devin Booker unable to play. He said Washington delivered.

"We needed every bit of it tonight," Williams said. "I thought he gave us a great deal of juice. He gave us an edge on the floor."

Washington's next opportunity for Phoenix will come when the Suns travel to Washington, D.C., to face the Wizards at 7 p.m. on Wednesday.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments