Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

All Big Ten Teams ranked by Conference Win% Last 4 Yrs

+7 HS
jpfbucks01's picture
May 25, 2017 at 8:05pm
7 Comments

Given all the feedback on here about Thad and our decline I thought it my be noteworthy to compare OSU vs the rest of the conference in terms of in conference win% over the last 4 years. Of course MD and Rutgers is based on just the last 3 but still it might be instructive.

In these last 4 years we rank 7th in terms of conference win pct at 54.17%. The 6 teams that rank above us are in order:

Wisconsin, Maryland, Michigan St, Purdue, Michigan and Iowa.

Just below us are the following:

Indiana at 52.78% fired their coach even though they won 1 less game in those 4 years than we did.

Illinois at 43.06% fired their coach

NW at 41.67% has improved steadily over the 4 years

Nebraska - 38.89% - coach is considered on the hot seat by some

Minn - 37.50 - Pitino had 1 really bad year that significantly hurt this ranking from 2 years ago as otherwise he is nearly .50%

PSU - 31.94% - conference doormat until the next team came along

Rutgers - 11.11% a joke of a program that we just lost to.

For OSU to reach the 3 way tie at 4 they would have needed to win 4 more games over the 4 years.

Each Purdue, Iowa and UM had an off year like we did this past season but each also off set it with a very good year.

Purdue the last 3 years in fact in which they have won nearly 71% of their games,

UM 4 years ago when they went 15-3 and

Iowa going 12-6, 2 years in a row

Top 10 money for 7th best performance, I think that says enough, even if you discount the lost recruits etc.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments