College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

What is Your Honest Assessment of JJ?

+3 HS
PlayDohKid's picture
April 1, 2024 at 12:39pm
187 Comments

As you can probably guess, I hate Michigan and think they cheated. With that being said, the upcoming NFL career of McCarthy is something I find intriguing. Out of all the QB draft prospects this year, he is the most difficult to figure out. On one hand, he seems like a great leader. Regardless of my personal feelings about him, there is no doubt that his teammates love him. In addition to this, he is able to move outside the pocket to find an open man. Finally, his W-L record is impressive (even though it deserves an asterisk). On the other hand, the offensive line he plays with in the NFL will probably not give him the opportunity to roll out and find an open man. Plus, he played with a great Michigan roster. This will not be the case in the NFL.

Here is what I think will happen: He will look decent to above average his first year. However, he will start to come down to Earth year 2 and will be average, at best. If I am wrong, I am more than happy to admit to it. 

As I mentioned above, I think at least half of his success can be chalked up to the cheating scandal. However, I also do not think he is a bad QB. What do you guys think his NFL career may look like?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 187 Comments