College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

"Completely Unacceptable" and "Assault" Says Michigan

-2 HS
Horseshoe's picture
October 30, 2022 at 4:33pm
8 Comments

I know it has already been discussed, but I am still catching up on the incident at Michigan Stadium last night after the game. Jim Harbaugh called it "assault" and AD Warde Manuel called it "completely unacceptable". Both were only willing to cast blame on MSU. The situation was ugly, but we have seen much worse in the world of sports. How much disrespect can M show MSU before something like this happens... Mike Hart with his "little brother" nonsense. Devin Bush Jr stomping the MSU logo at Spartan Stadium a few years ago. Wandering into an opposing team's area to taunt them last night after a tough loss. That's their MO up there. Rules were changed after The U disrespected the sport for too long. I think Juwan Howard would have thrown more than a few punches if an opposing player invaded his team's area to taunt them after a loss. I did not see the incident as assault. I saw it as a a player getting a justified warning after an act of horrible sportsmanship. If I did what that Michigan player did, I would fully expect to get tuned up, and I would have definitely deserved it. Hopefully the B1G disciplines both sides. Unfortunate but expected that Manuel and Harbaugh think their player's actions were admirable. Harbaugh calling trick plays and trying to run up the score started the escalation.

[Mod edit:  closing, plenty of places to discuss this already]. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments