College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

LSU DB Runs Mouth, Ultimately Guaranteeing Loss to Alabama

+1 HS
southalabamabuckeye's picture
October 28, 2016 at 1:16pm
22 Comments

There are a number truisms that people need to understand about college football.  Among these are to never piss off Urban Meyer and Nick Saban when your team still looms on their schedule.  LSU DB Dwayne Thomas need to learn this lesson.

Dwayne Thomas has watched his LSU team blow late leads each of the past two times Alabama visited Tiger Stadium. The senior defensive back has no intention of allowing that to happen in his final shot against the Crimson Tide.

Even more, he feels like the Tigers' defense can dominate the offense of the nation's top-ranked team Nov. 5.

"I just feel like this is the year," Thomas said before Wednesday's practice. "We've been letting them off the hook for the last couple of years. This is my senior year. We're going out with a bang and it's time for us to bring that win back. And we're going to be at home. I feel like we have the edge to take it to them, and we're going to take it to them and I feel like we're just going to dominate this game."

I was giving LSU a decent shot to pull a Penn State type upset on the Crimson Tide - home game, liquored up fans, Vodoo in the stadium.  Now those chances are greatly, if not completely, diminished.  

Young man, keep your hype comments in your own locker room. not plastered in the opponent's as motivation.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17894807/dwayne-thomas-l...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments