College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Petition to switch Championship Game to Saturday

0 HS
brutus360's picture
January 6, 2015 at 6:03pm
47 Comments

First off, I posted a few comments earlier about this, but I need to vent further. Why, oh why, in the name of players parents who can't afford to travel to National Championship Games, can't we switch this, these games to a Saturday night instead of MONDAY? 

So much money to be had by all. Not just the host city, but all of America. And beyond. Do the right thing and dig up some money for the parents to go see their kid play. Fine, that looks great. Whatever happened to the Saturday family night around the radio. Then the black and white tv? 

Can't everyone get in on the money making? Or greed? Advertisers, restaurants, bars, parties at homes. All across America, and beyond. And most people won't have to miss work, be late, or be half there because of little sleep on a Tuesday. What's that costing? I hope those players parents aren't missing work on Tuesday because they'll be going away to see it live and in person.

Oh, the Family, friends, Saturday night gatherings. They were so great back in the day. Why it seems so long ago. The year was 2003. But, it was a glorious Friday night, which I would gladly take too. And the Buckeyes beat the Hurricanes. It seemed to work so well then. Why can't it work now? And in the future?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments