Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Hall Across the Country…The Sequel, T-Minus 90 Days

+16 HS
IamJoeHall's picture
February 15, 2024 at 2:07am
40 Comments

Finally…the Rock….has come back….

Wait…wrong promo. (Nice rebranding though on the logo amirite!?)

Whats going on guys? Figured I would once again touch base with the dozens….and dozens of the Rocks fans here on 11W. We are officially 90 days out from my next absurd bipedal adventure for mental health.

Originally we’d planned to start a nonprofit and some of the ideas we had weren’t overly conducive to mental health so for now I continue to operate as a vessel for other nonprofits. This time around I will be raising money for NAMI, The National Alliance on Mental Illness. 

We are keeping the ideas for the second walk of talking to lawmakers in all 48 states (see below)

and asking what they have done, are doing, or are planning to do to alleviate the mental health crisis among their constituents. We are also continuing to encourage others to speak up about their mental health stories, struggles, successes and failures, and hoping to build a large community of support.

But this go round we are also going to turn Hall Across the Country into a mobile podcast. I’m obviously not going to be churning out JRE levels of quality, but I want to give avenues for people to talk about mental health and myself and the HATC brain trust thought this would be an interesting way to do so. I’d also like to meet with mental health providers along the way, especially those offering new, or innovative methods of treatment and highlight them along the way. Maybe even see if some are willing to open up ideas to what folks at home can try to do themselves to alleviate some of their mental burdens. 

This go round though, I am reaching out for funding help. The first journey I largely funded myself, but there’s no conceivable way of doing that this time. 

“But Joe just save up and wait and go later”

Ive come to the realization that if any of us is going to after a dream or large goal, waiting for the perfect time just leads to procrastination and the likely inevitable end of pursuing that goal. So I’ve shot a video (learning and practicing how to edit video on my phone has me feeling REEEAL boomerish) introducing the cause and whatnot that we hope to send out to potential donors and sponsors, but I am always open to ideas.

Below is the QRcode to the Hall Across the Country LinkTree which has the NAMI link and ways to follow on all the socials (if you’re not following already SHAME!). We’ve partnered with 937Ink in springboro and they will be printing shirts for the walk that will help with funding as well, with the QR on the back, as soon as that store is up and running I will post it. 

Thank you all for following along the first time, checking in here was something I looked forward to every week. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments