Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

What is Your Best "bumped into a Fellow Buckeye Fan" Story?

+17 HS
Moose_and_Goose's picture
December 2, 2023 at 3:23am
34 Comments

Before my dad passed away (RIP love you Dad) he wore Buckeye shirts everywhere. His closet was like a Batman closet only for Buckeye polos lol. He and my Mom would travel abroad often, and he would run into random Buckeye fans in the most random places i.e. on vacation in the Cayman, Carribean, all of Europe, Japan, etc. he had many great and funny stories.

For me personally, I was stationed in Europe and took a 4-day pass and drove 10 hours to Salzburg Austria to meet up with my cousin. We were all at the Mozart Museum. Suddenly, I see a complete Michigan fan clown emerge out of the corner of my eye in a full banana yellow "maize" warm-up suit. Milliseconds before my turning to "boo" him, I hear a "fuck Michigan" from the distance. My neck breaks as I look around. A fellow Bucks fan emerges from the first floor. He and big bird exchange friendly banter, and then big bird fucks off. I spoke with guy afterward, he was an Ohio guy with a bachelor's from Dayton, and a master's from OSU (same as me). We chatted it up and got a beer. then we parted ways. It was fun / funny story.

Does anyone else have an encounter with either a fellow Buckeye or a rival in a random fashion?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments