Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Kayaking: Anyone Have Their Own

+6 HS
JBOSUFan1's picture
August 7, 2023 at 3:29pm
23 Comments

This summer I've gone on a few kayaking trips w/ a group of friends that are all trying to get into more outdoor trips.  Anyway, we've just gone to different Kayak/Canoe Liveries and rented them so far.  Now I'm considering looking into getting my own...just wanted to know what exactly I should look for...even though I'm a bigger guy I still prefer the cockpit style as opposed to the open on top style, especially since I would plan to also take it out into Lake Erie.  Anyways, just looking for suggestions on what I should look for and also interested in any got kayaking trips in and around Ohio...so far I've gone on the Cuyahoga River (both the upper portion around Hiram and the area in downtown Cleveland), Mohican River at the Mohican State Park, the Portage Lakes, and this past weekend the Grand River up in Ashtabula County.

Lastly, do you have to register a Kayak like you would a boat?  If so, is that done by through the BMV as well?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments