Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

AMA With Josh Poloha, Not-So-New Associate Producer at Eleven Warriors

Josh Poloha's picture
August 5, 2023 at 1:15pm
24 Comments

Coming up on my one-year anniversary at 11W, I figured that I'd finally do an AMA, something that I should have done months ago.

I grew up (and still currently live) in Medina, Ohio. A diehard Ohio State fan my entire life, it was also a dream for me to be a Buckeye, something that I achieved in 2009. I become an OSU alum in 2013 and, although I didn't major in journalism, took up writing as a hobby. After playing basketball, baseball, and a little bit of soccer throughout my childhood, I realized that my 6-foot-6 self that put on the Freshman 15, Sophomore 15, Junior 15, Senior 15 and Post-Grad 100 could no longer actually play sports at a high level, which is why I started writing about them.

Ten years later, I'm still doing the same thing. But over the years, I've always admired everything that 11W has done – from the superb coverage to the hard work that each writer puts in on a daily basis – and looked up to the writers here, both past and present. Becoming a contributor at 11W was something that I wanted ever since I started writing about OSU sports, but honestly, I never thought would actually happen.

Last summer, I reached out to Jason to see if I could somehow join this prestigious and great crew, which he eventually accepted, and it was (and still is) something that I will never take for granted. I will forever be grateful for Jason, Dan and the rest of the great crew that we have here at Eleven Warriors.

While the writers are certainly great, the 11W community is awesome as well. It's truly a special one, and it's time for you guys to get to know me a little bit as well.

Without further ado, what do you want to know about me? Ask away!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments