Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Workout Routine

+9 HS
2Hot2Handle's picture
May 9, 2023 at 1:55pm
69 Comments

Hello All! Hoping this community can help me find a good workout routine. I have been a pretty consistent exercise wise, usually 5-6x a week, for the last 5 years. A little about me: I am 36. Played high school sports but then stopped working out in college. From 22-28 years old I would inconsistently run, dabble in weights, etc. but nothing was ever consistent. At around age 28, I started CrossFit and loved it, going 5-6x a week. When I was 33, I started to focus on just weightlifting and getting strong as possible (I have always been super skinny). I started neglecting cardio, with my sole focus on lifting and getting new deadlift, squat, and bench PR's.

Well today, reality hit. I went to the Dr for the first time in 10+ years and my blood pressure was sky high. It was early in the morning, no food in me, and I wasnt nervous so it wasn't an anomaly.

This made me realize as I age, and with a young family, it isn't all about how much weight I can lift, but rather being overall healthy. My question to the community, I love running, biking, hiking etc. Do you know of a routine that I can follow online that maybe has 4-5 days of lifting but also 3-5 days of cardio built in, preferably one that can help me maintain some of the strength I've built up. As I mentioned, I have always been very skinny and self-conscious about that, so I'd prefer not to lose a lot of muscle while upping my cardio and getting overall more healthy.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 69 Comments