Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Properly Grieving

+8 HS
My Dad Is A Wolverine But I'm A Buckeye's picture
May 5, 2023 at 3:28pm
8 Comments

Hi there,

I know this is a weird topic to be tossing into the forum, but I'm looking for comfort amidst uncertainty. I go to school in Boston right now, at the Orthodox Christian seminary out there. With the way the school is constructed, you become intimately involved with those around you, as you are doing all activities together. In addition to chapel twice a day, you have class and meals together. Within this, I have made some friends that are truly like my family. They will be in the my wedding, be the godparents of my children, etc. They are essentially blood related with how close they have become.

This past week, some of these friends, who had been trying to get pregnant for sometime, suffered a stillbirth. The baby had a name, had made it to 40 weeks, and was stillborn because of a freak accident with the umbilical cord. I am not looking for answers, either logically or spiritually. There are no answers for something like this. All I know is that we are all hurting to a degree that is hard to describe. I feel like I lost a nephew. I got to see the baby in the hospital, which was very comforting, as I got to touch him and tell him that I loved him.

I know that my friends are going to try again. I know that it is very likely, through the emergency c-section, that my friend's life was saved. What I guess I am looking for is someone with a similar experience so that I know more about the grief process. Forgive me if this sounds like I am making it about me, but I do know that I need help with something like this.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments