Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Non-Profit Questions, Hall Across The Country….returns.

+13 HS
IamJoeHall's picture
May 2, 2023 at 10:18am
13 Comments

Hey y’all! It’s your resident transcontinental walker and mental health advocate checking back in. 

Been a wild last couple of months, but after some fortuitous (and some painful/frightening) happenings behind the scenes, I’ve decided that I’ll be hitting the road again. I’m going to attempt to walk all 48 states/capitals and attempt to meet with legislators and policy makers in each capital to see what they’re doing to improve the mental health of their constituents locally and nationally. This journey will be a significantly longer one than the prior one, and a friend who runs a NP in Columbus has been giving me some guidance, but we’ve run into an issue when it comes to starting a NP.

She suggests using the EZ form for 501c3, but it’s designed if the NP has less than 250k in assets (that’s no problem) but has receipts less than 50k annually. Since I’m just starting, I’m not sure what I’ll be giving receipts for annually. 

Anyone have any insight here? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments