Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Hall Across The Country- Week 7…Prediction? PAIN

+10 HS
IamJoeHall's picture
July 3, 2022 at 8:54am
11 Comments

Short week this week guys. Started back up Thursday on day 47 of the walk. My time got pushed back finishing up the upgrades on the new stroller and getting everything loaded up. 

Day 47- Today was supposed to be an easy 20 miles from home to Union Fire Department. Early on I realized “easy” didn’t accompany me today. Where my SI joint is fused with a screw I started feeling pain a couple miles into the day. I ran into my old offensive line coach from HS and we shot the bull for a few then my cousin stopped out to hug me goodbye and talk. I went about 7 miles to Speedway in Huber Heights and stopped to refill my hydration pack, and rest a little, mom dropped off a camping chair (which I have been putting to good use now), and after the talk with my cousin I decided to adjust my route some to go on “safer” roads, with more shoulder room. What I neglected to do see how much mileage it added….my easy 20 turned into a struggle 27. But hey I set a PR for the walk to this point right!? About 8 miles left more of my motorcycle wreck pain decided to pay me a visit when my labrum/hip flexor decided to almost stop me in my tracks every three or four steps. I pushed forward and got to the FD for the night. Today hurt, and i didn’t get but about two hours sleep either.

Day 48- Heading from Union to Greenville, and the heat decided to come pay me a visit. I ended up stopping about 5/6 times to get cooled off, and take in some calories. This 24 mile stroll wasn’t as painful as the previous day, but a new pain arrived. With about 6/7 miles to go my lower hammy or upper calf decided to strain on me. I still can’t lock the leg all the way out but after moving for a few the pain becomes tolerable. As I pushed to the end with about 4 miles left I began a few bouts of dry heaving. Hydrated but just worn out I guess. Got to Greenville FD finally and they gave me water to hydrate, a covered place to camp; and a shower in the morning. The shower hit the spot.

Day 49- This nice new stroller we bought has been fantastic. Until Mr. Murphy and his law decided to remind me who the hell he is. Maybe a half mile out of Greenville a tire blew. My mom was running athletic tape out to me so once I reached the bike shop in Greenville and verified they were open I took the stroller in. 4.5 hours later I had foam tires installed so it won’t go flat again. But now I had to do almost 20 miles starting up after 2pm. I made it to Winchester, IN FD around 9:20. They let me sleep inside, took me to get pizza last night for a laaaate dinner and then let me shower this morning. Calf is still a pain in the leg but just move forward, the body will adapt, or I’ll duct tape it like David Goggins.

Yall have a happy and safe 4th of July! Make sure you all return here with all ten fingers too please.

if anyone is interested, I’ve put a challenge out  to the social media following to help my friends get their fundraiser for Dayton Childrens Behavioral Health to their goal number. If we get 11k raised by the end of July I will go live on video….and nair off my chest hair. I stopped accepting personal donations till we get them over their goal.

http://support.daytonchildrens.org/site/TR/PersonalFundraising/General?p...

Thank you guys for following along and supporting this. The last few days have been a test, but I’m probably getting by with a C on them. So at least I’m passing I guess lol.

-Joe

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments