Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Help, My Daughter is Seriously Considering UofM

+11 HS
TAS's picture
March 1, 2022 at 7:39pm
129 Comments

I am an Ohio State graduate.  My wife, sister, father-in-law, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law are all graduates or alumni.  We host everyone for parties almost every football game (maybe not Rutgers or Thursday night games).  I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I thought I raised my twin daughters (17) right, but one is seriously considering Michigan for college.  Granted, it does have a higher ranked program than most other universities in the midwest for what she wants to study.  She's an excellent student but not an athlete.  She'll likely receive scholarships wherever she goes but I seriously doubt she's getting a full ride unless a lot of things fall into place.  In all seriousness, I'm not sure I can bring myself to write a tuition check to Michigan.  It wouldn't be the end of the world if she went there but it really pains me to even think about her turning into a snobbish prick. Has anyone encountered a similar situation and if so, how did you handle it?  I really need some adult advice here.  The adult in me says I should just roll with it but part of me just wants to cry or tell her she's on her own if she chooses that school.  Please. Help me.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 129 Comments