Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Public Service Announcement - Join Team “THE Ohio State University”

+6 HS
Chucktownbucksfan's picture
September 20, 2021 at 10:49pm
11 Comments

During the first quarter of the now infamous year 2020, the Red Cross issued media blitzes to raise the number of people willing to donate blood.  At this time, I think that their numbers have gone up a tick, but there is still a major need for resources.  This organization distributes blood and platelets to all of our local hospitals.  When we have major disasters like floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, and tornados the Red Cross is there at the very beginning of the recovery effort helping people put their lives back together.

Right now, they need our help.  There is a plethora of information on their website,  http://Redcrossblood.org that will help with any technical info, as well as give locations for blood drives and donation centers.  If you download the Red Cross app, it truly streamlines the action of scheduling and managing appointments.  An added bonus is the ability to form/join teams to feel part of a group!  There is an existing donor team THE Ohio State University.  This established team has helped 142,000 lives and is currently ranked 6th behind two Red Cross groups, the Boy Scouts, the Latter Day Saints, and Penn State.  TTUN is a good ways down the list. Every donation further establishes our dominance over mgoblow, and brings us closer to Penn St.

On a personal note, I have chosen to focus on platelet donation.  Donating platelets takes a little more time and involves an exit needle AND a return needle, but the support to those fighting cancer is huge.  We lost my wife’s dad to cancer just over a year ago.  It was super aggressive, and brutally fast.  He was gone before he could start a second round of chemo.  But every time I go to donate I honor him, and help those who are still in their fight with this shitty disease.

I have found over the years that I am at my best as a person, when I get outside of myself and volunteer to help others.  I hope that you will join me to help support this organization in a time of need.  I would love to help answer any questions that you have, fire away!  If you have a personal story that relates, I’d love to hear it.

Share-Love-Help Others

Go Team                                                                                                                         Go Bucks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments