Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

General Wall-mounted Flatscreen TV Question

+2 HS
SuaveOlave's picture
August 11, 2021 at 2:24am
69 Comments

I don't watch a whole lot of TV but I need to save space in this small condo (full-time telecommuter) and ditching the TV stand and having a wall-mounted TV is a good place to start.

Because I've never done this before and have to get my home office set up quickly, I was thinking about paying extra for installation. Any ideas in that regard? I've heard that Best Buy offers that service. Any other recommendations?

Also, any recommendations on television? I have standard cable here already and am totally satisfied with the service I have. So I'm not looking at any of the specialized TVs like Fubo or whatever. I've had Samsung and LG recommended.

Last question. How am I going to program my new flatscreen? I have cable. When I moved in here, a technician came over here and set it up, including to program my television and remote. Does the installation technician do this or do I have to pay the cable provider to send out a technician? I suppose I could manage plugging the cable box into the TV for what ever. But presumably getting everything in working order is more involved.

I know these Q's are probably really basic to you guys. This is what happens when you pretty stop watching TV for well-nigh two decades lolz.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 69 Comments