Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Patrick Carney (Black Keys) Relieves John Adams (Indians Drummer) - TIMH

+9 HS
John Cooper's lucky pig's picture
April 2, 2021 at 5:35pm
23 Comments

It is with great pride, and little surprise, to report that the Black Keys' drummer, Patrick Carney, has stepped in to reprise the role of legendary Clevelander, John Adams.

We know John Adams as the rhythm soundtrack to Cleveland summers at the ballpark. From the Muni to Jacobs Field, John Adams has been pounding the rally drum from the bleachers since 1973. A proud graduate of THE Saint Ignatius High School, Adams has only missed 45 games in the last 48 years but has been stricken with some health issues.

True to the form of the common Cleveland man, Carney has stepped in to keep the beat going and aid Adams through this difficult time. Everything Carney touches turns to gold (records) and I have no doubt this will lead to the first World Series championship in Cleveland since 1948.

"When I found out that John Adams wouldn't be able to make Opening Day in Cleveland for the first time in almost fifty years, I reached out to the team," Carney said. "I share John's love of baseball and the Cleveland Indians franchise and drumming for him during the home opener when he can't physically be there feels like a meaningful way to show John the love and respect he deserves. I want to be there for John."

Though he's long since moved away from Northeast Ohio, Carney continues to give back in other meaningful ways: He recently donated money to the Beachland Ballroom, which hosted some of the Black Keys' earliest shows, to help make repairs at the venue as it struggled financially during the pandemic shutdown.

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2021/04/02/black-key...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments