Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Recently Was Partaking in Some Podcasts Involving a Former OSU Medical Student Named Brian Shaffer Who Had Gone Missing

+2 HS
Bucktown 5.7x28's picture
February 24, 2021 at 8:18pm
21 Comments

Nearly 15 years ago. I realize that I’m late to the game on this, but I look back at some older articles archived in the internet and I see that Dateline NBC did a story on this guy a couple of months after his disappearance back in 2006. 

From what I’ve read, Brian’s mother passed away from cancer three weeks before he went missing. He was dating a girl enrolled at the OSU med school as well, and he had plans to go to Miami with her the following Monday. He went to a few bars after he had a dinner with his Dad on March 31st, 2006. He was with two friends on camera at the Ugly Tuna in the early morning of April 1st, 2006. He was seen chatting with two girls at 1:55 AM and never seen on camera or in person again. I know we all have theories on this. To me, I think it’s clear that he made it out of the Ugly Tuna Saloona during the closing time window or immediately before this. Why he was not seen on camera is anyone’s guess. But I think he started walking back to his place on King Avenue some time after bars closing. In that neighborhood at that point in time (2006), I don’t think it’s going out on a limb to say that he was a victim of a robbery or an assault, at which point, he became the victim of a homicide. His father died from a weather related accident two years after Brian’s disappearance. His brother is the only surviving member of the immediate family, and Brian’s fiancé went on to get her doctorate and practice medicine in Slyvania, OH. Just a sad story all the way around. Anyone else have some theories as to what may have happened to Brian Shaffer? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments