Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley LXXXVI

+5 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
August 20, 2018 at 4:06pm
5 Comments

What's up everyone? It's a new semester for me, new teaching responsibilities, but still the same guy as ever, coming at you with some fresh tunes. 

Up first we have a song from one of my favorites, Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica. This song, "Kingdom for a Heart," comes from their 1999 debut album "Ecliptica," and like many of the songs on that debut features a boisterous, happy sound so innocent and unabashed that you might call it "naive." 

The next song comes straight outta the land of anime. Fist of the North Star is...well, I would never call it a "good" anime. But it is...original? Basically it's about a really strong guy who can kill anyone by punching them and...I mean that's kind of all I could glean from it. But hey, the theme song is pretty catchy: 

Next is a song from my childhood, one that's immediately recognizable. While Scatman John was a polarizing musician (some like him, some absolutely hate him), he did a lot to advocate for an underrepresented and oft maligned group: stutterers. Amazingly, despite his fluidity while scatting, Scatman John suffered from a severe speech impediment that caused him to stutter, an impediment he could only transcend while singing. 

Last up is a new single by one of my favorite underground (but probably soon to be above-ground) rappers: Duckwrth. This is a live performance of his new song "Fall Back" where he showcases his trademark energy. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments