Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Walking Dead Season 8 Second Half Thread

+11 HS
Elks' comb over's picture
February 25, 2018 at 2:03pm
196 Comments

Friendly reminder that The Walking Dead returns tonight. Caution: There be spoilers ahead.

I rewatched the finale yesterday afternoon so a quick recap.

Where we left off:

Negan and the saviors - Have escaped thanks to the wonderfully brave Eugene. How? No idea, I tried to catch that again but I don’t think they ever went into detail. Anyways, they have made their push and have taken some control back. 

Alexandria - She gone. We last left with Carl’s great speech of self sacrifice and the town going up in flames as Negan and crew stormed the gates. Rick and Negan battled it out in Rick’s house and instead of taking the chance to shoot Negan once and for all he scampered away instead to prolong the death for later in the season. The town folk, Rick and crew run away into hiding in the sewers. Dwight has also finally turned against Negan and has joined the crew.

The Kingdom - Has been taken over as well by Negans crew but people managed to escape as the King sacrificed himself to allow them to get away. As far as we know they have been run off into the woods. The King alive and well is being taken prisoner as Morgan unknowingly to the Saviors is listening on the other side of the gates. Likely meaning nothing but we shall see.

Hilltop - Surviving for now since the Saviors still need their food production. Which is crazy because the grounds of the Hilltop seem rather small to support everyone alive, but hey it’s magic. The Saviors do not know however that Maggie is holding 38 of their people hostage. It was 39 but she shot one down to send to them in a casket. I have no idea how this plan is supposed to work. Seems they could just come and burn Hilltop down, but again it’s magic.

Aaron and her name escapes me right now - are captured by the Ladies of the Wood after going to ask for their help in defeating Negan. Her name who escapes me shot the grandmother of the tribe in saving Aaron.

Father Gabriel and the Sanctuary doctor - Have managed to escape through the assistance of Eugene as he felt bad for what he did and couldn’t sleep. Father Gabriel is still in bad health for the voyage they are about to take.

Carl - My icing on the cake for mid finale was we find out that Carl has been bitten. He has did a great job to date but I was growing tired of the character. He was starting to become a duplicate of Rick which was pointless so it is making his up and coming passing feel like a breath of fresh air really. Fare well Carl.

The show did do a great job imo picking back up at the mid finale so I am looking forward again to seeing where they take us.

Typed this out on my phone so excuse any typos or errors.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 196 Comments