Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Thank You, 11W/Buckeye Nation

+3 HS
Pittsburgh_Buckeye's picture
November 22, 2017 at 9:11pm
0 Comments

Hopefully this thread is fine since I would like to just throw out a big thank you to the 11W community, Buckeye Nation, tOSU and the alumni groups that have supported me the past 5 years since I've graduated.

I didn't transfer to OSU until my sophomore year in 2009 as I was chasing my dream of playing hockey. Tearing my ACL (same knee) again was the best blessing in disguise anyone could imagine. After my injury, I told myself, I want to go the University where my favorite player growing up went (hint: it was Eddie). I transferred to OSU and had the best 3.5 years of my life.

There was no doubt in my mind that I was always a Buckeye. I'm sure most of you have seen posts about how 90% of my friends went to Penn State. I was alienated since I could remember to be honest. It was expected; PSU was "our" dream, let's go get it. Nope. not me, and I still have to deal with those friends...that's why Ped State is a very close #2 for me behind TTUN. I fucking hate that school...

As for football while I was at OSU...well...I guess you could describe it as a rollercoaster. Some quick highs with Tress to the lows...to Fick...then to Urban...

Basically, this thread is to acknowledge both the highs and the lows in life...and remember what is important to you! We aren't here for very long and the only consistent things in our lives are family and Buckeye football!

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Thanksgiving and a much happier Saturday afternoon once we beat TTUN!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.