Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

My Personal Revelation on Penn State

+1 HS
LandonTruckedCollins's picture
October 28, 2017 at 2:49pm
0 Comments

Last week I was surprised to find myself rooting for TTUN.  After they laid an egg, I was genuinely upset that they did not even put up a fight.  I began to wonder how it was that I found myself rooting for the rival.

After some contemplation, I realized that my hate for TTUN was different in nature from my hate for Ped State.  I "hate" TTUN because I've been raised to and they are the rival, but I respect them as an institution and acknowledge their history.  I use quotes around the word hate because I realize this is not a true manifestation of the word hate.

I hate PSU because the only history that program has was built by an enabler of an evil pedophile.  The guilt of those transgressions normally should not be projected upon the community and the fans.  However, as the fans continue to revere an enabler it's hard not to see them as the guilty party.  In addition whenever the topic is brought up, they have a habit of using the farcical logic that the mere mention of the scandal only further damages the victims, while in the same breath mentioning tat-gate as if it somehow is a comparable scandal.

Sorry for the rant, this probably was better suited for a blog post, but once I started writing I couldn't stop.  My question is how many of you found yourself in a similar quandary last weekend?  I never thought I'd find my self rooting for TTUN, but Penn State found a way to make that happen. 

I've never wanted to see Ohio State smash a team as badly as I want to see them smash Penn State today.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.