Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Crossing Paths with Former College Basketball Players in Europe

+2 HS
Blackcoffee's picture
September 22, 2017 at 6:21am
5 Comments

Recently, while sitting in a McDonalds in Rodos Greece( the Island of Rhodes) I had the opportunity to talk with former University of Kentucky Basketball player Ramon Harris, a 6'8" forward who played college ball for 4 years, albeit sparingly, for Kentucky, graduating after the 2009-10 basketball season. He currently plays for Collosus Rodos in the upper tier of the Greek Professional League. (He was also with Marvin Jones, a 7' forward, formerly of Kent State and Texas Southern, and another player who I think was Malcom Griffin, who played at Toledo for a while.) Ramon was soft spoken but I asked him how things were in the Greek League, told him of the current woes of the Ohio State Basketball team, which he acknowldeged with a slight shake of his head, and parted by saying thanks and...

Go Bucks! (he laughed)

a few years ago I had the opportunity to talk with Derrick Sharp, who played 13 seasons with Maccabi Tel Aviv, a couple years following as an asst. coach to David Blatt, and his wife Justine Ellison, a Canadian basketball player who played for the UNiversity of Toronto's Varsity Blues. In Sharps first couple seasons here, in Israel, he played alongside Anthony Parker and Maceo Boston. He became a citizen here a few years ago and has 4 children he is raising here. P.S. I met them because we sold a bed to them and then they asked me to come look at doing some painting work at their new home.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments