Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Cardale Jones’ Still Looks Out For His Ohio State Fans.

+2 HS
Benwin's picture
August 3, 2017 at 4:21pm
2 Comments

Nautica Sharie Ussury, a Detroit native but Buckeyes fan, passed away after a battle with sickle cell on Tuesday.

Jones had met Ussury during a visit to Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, where she was being treated, a few weeks ago.

Today, he pledged to match all donations to the GoFundMe campaign towards her funeral.

His full note:

“3 weeks ago, before I reported to training camp, I visited Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, OH. I was hoping to bring some joy & shine a little light on the lives of kids battling life threatening illness. They are by far some of the bravest people I’ve met. Being stripped of their childhoods and restricted to the hospital rooms, these kids were full of life but internally in pain. Out of all the unbelievable kids I met that day, one particular girl stood out. Her and her family are from Detroit, MI but huge Buckeye fans, not something you see everyday from Xichingan natives. Her name is Nautica Ussury. Energetic and outgoing, Nautica was determined that her worst days were behind her. Sad to say, Nautica lost her battle to sickle cell Tuesday night. Her family has started a go fund me account to help put Nautica to rest. I will personally MATCH whatever my family and friends donate to Nautica’s “GoFundMe” account. To my social media friends/followers, feel free to donate as well.”

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 2 Comments