Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Would you vote Curt Schilling into the HOF?

+1 HS
smartone29's picture
January 18, 2017 at 4:06pm
163 Comments

To start this off, I couldn't be happier for the 3 HOF inductees (Ivan Rodriguez, Tim Raines, and Jeff Bagwell). Their careers were very deserving of this honor, and I'm not detracting anything from that.

And I'm also not saying that Curt Schilling should have been inducted this year either, and I recognize that he is still eligible for a few more years. But it puzzles me that his vote count was down this year from last year (52.3% last year, 45% this year). This happened to the man who owns a 4.38:1 strikeout to walk ratio, an incredible lifetime WAR (only 2 non-HOFers ahead of him are Clemens and Mike Mussina, who will more than likely be inducted next year), and was a postseason legend (bloody sock?).

I'm not going to say anything about any potential reasons why baseball writers voted for him less this year (because I don't want the mods to leave my body where no one will ever find me). I'm also not trying to instigate any #hottakes. I simply want to ask a question.

Would you vote Curt Schilling into the HOF?

My answer is yes. The man hasn't thrown a pitch in 10 years; he played the game outstandingly and reputably. This isn't a character/integrity clause issue like Bonds, Clemens, or Rose (although Rose should also be in the HOF IMO). To say it shortly enough, he didn't do anything controversial on the field when he played.

What say you, 11W?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 163 Comments