Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Multi-Level Marketing (Pyramid Schemes)

+2 HS
Buckeye0905's picture
August 25, 2016 at 9:27pm
67 Comments

I recently had an acquaintance from college reach out to me with a job opportunity here in Texas. Keep in mind I haven't spoken with this girl in probably four years but I'm all ears as most jobs in my industry are landed through word-of-mouth. I ask her for some addiontal information regarding "LTD" and she started rattling off the common multi-level marketing scam key words; leadership development, marketing, personal growth, etc. without mention of any product or service. I ran a quick Google search for this company and my suspicions were proven to be true. 

This isn't the first time that someone has tried to rope me into their "business" but at least she was understanding when I told her I wasn't interested. Those who are involved in these companies guilt trip friends and family as well as pollute social media with "great opportunities", their fake lavish lifestyle, and non-existent earning potential until they realize they're not receiving a ROI.

Do any of you have similar stories?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments