Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

QFM's Joe Show Passed Away Today

Matt Gutridge's picture
July 16, 2016 at 12:04am
3 Comments

For those in the Columbus area, Joe Show of QFM 96 passed away today. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the station once. He was on the air at the time and took a few minutes to talk to me during a break. He was a very nice and happy man. He had a genuine smile and was easy to talk with. 

From The Columbus Dispatch:

He was known to his listeners as "Joe Show" and had a 27-year run on WLVQ (96.3 FM), playing classic rock during the afternoon drive time.

Joseph M. Pasternak, 56, died unexpectedly, said Chris Forgy, general manager of WLVQ-FM and president of Saga Communications, which owns the station.

"It's been a tough day for us," Forgy said. "Joe was, without question, the acclaimed heart and soul of Q-FM."

Forgy said Pasternak was found dead in his Worthington-area home early Friday. It's unclear what caused his death.

Weekday afternoons will never be the same. I hope they continue the tradition of playing the bell and various clips of voices saying "It's three o'clock" at 3:00.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments