Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Up In Smoke (Cigar Talk) - Spring Game Edition!

+5 HS
zmoty9's picture
April 17, 2016 at 7:24pm
43 Comments

Yesterday was the famous spring game, so what better time to light up a cigar, amiright?

Buckeye Quick Hitters

• Mike Webber and Terry McLaurin are going to be studs*.  Loved the power running Webber put together and McLaurin really reminds me of Robiskie
  • QBGeddon Part Two!  Burrow looked really, really strong yesterday and I'd really be curious to see what he can do with a full line in front of him.  Similarly, something seemed off for JT yesterday, at least from my seat.  I don't know if he was focusing on mechanics or the line had him bothered, but he just didn't seem his normal Heisman candidate self.
  •  The D-line looked mighty solid yesterday, especially Dre'Mont Jones.  And that Bosa guy isn't even playing yet...  That said, maybe I missed him but I was really looking forward to Cooper but didn't recall his existence yesterday.  Hopefully he comes around come September.
  • Lastly, I watched the game on the BTN2Go app and have to say that I was not pleased.  There was a lot of lagging and several times the feed switched over to the Nebraska game...what?  Good thing I won't have to worry about getting BTN during the regular season.

* I reserve the right to say I never said this if that prediction doesn't come to fruition.  There have been far too many guys show out in the spring game and then disappear in the regular season so...

The Cigar:   While watching the game on my iPad from my apartment balcony, I lit up a little Nicaraguan Puro named Brick House.  This stick had a very smooth draw and the taste changed throughout the stick, starting a bit on the bold end and transitioning to a lighter smoke midway through.  Overall, it was a pretty good smoke and was pretty affordable at only $6 for the 5x54.

For the pairing, I went a bit out of the norm and elected to have a Black Me Stout, a solid 6% stout from the Champion Brewing Company.

So that was the first football we've had in over two months.  Get excited because there's only *checks calendar* ugh, basically years to go until our next football.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments