Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Losing Effect: That Team

Matt Gutridge's picture
October 18, 2015 at 7:16pm
75 Comments
Winner.

Note: Note: This is written as a reminder on how not to respond when your favorite team loses or struggles. The fans of Our Rivals continue to educate us.

It's been over a month, but The Losing Effect makes its triumphant return.

Another year, another game and yet another loss to Little Brother. The more things change the more they stay the same for Our Rival's website. 

I'm going to turn this piece over to the comments from the fans on MGoLive.com's end of game thread. I read all 393 comments and posted the gems below. I will not correct any grammatical or spelling errors.

24 hours later and the hurt is still palpable.

WAYS TO COPE WITH THE LOSS 

Chitown Kev:

I need a lot of drugs right now. Really, I do.

Wohlverine:

Negbang me if it'll make you feel better. I'm pretty sure I'm numb to anymore pain. 

DreDay66:

I may never smile again.

TA2:

my wife is wondering what is wrong with me everything

Patron
It's drinky drink time for fans of That Team.

umfan323:

this calls For a bottle of Patron

amphibious1:

The hangover begins NOW.

Wolv27:

I'm going to throw up

The Baughz:

I did throw up.

Princtonwolverine:

I want to lock myself in a closet for a year. 

pdxwolve:

Seven hours later...and my nuts are still in my stomach

snowcrash:

I'm listening to the Sex Pistols right now works pretty well.

DTOW:

There isn't enough whiskey in the world to help with this one.

SaddestTailgateEver:

When does the hurt stop. Many whiskeees and it stil hurts. 

Loui C:

Is it bad that I cried a little?

Norcal Trublue:

There is no God

WE WOULD HAVE WON IF...

B1G_Fan:

we won the game if not for the uncalled roughing penaly on the long snapper. Thats the whole reason the snap was low to begin with

BLAME IT ON THE PLAYERS
Punt
The punt(er) is the most important play(er) in football. Jim Tressel was correct.
Westside Wolverine:

This game is on Rudock. Not having a QB who could take advantage of that shit secondary costs us several TDs and therefore the game.

Woodstock Wolverine:

I'd blame it the punter. But that's jus me.

CompleteLunacy:

And he was also the ONLY reason we lost. Sorry, there's no sugar coating it. He lost the game. 

BornSinner:

Blake O'Neil lost the game. End of story.

TennBlue:

Rudock is a mediocre journeyman

Kemirts Blue Key:

Better QB play and this isn't even a game.

BLAME IT ON THE COACHES

umfan323:

bad coaching Who lines up in a regular punt formation with 2 gunner's when there is no one back to return it?? He set them up for failure

CompleteLunacy:

I agree I do actually think the coaches have some significant culpability here.

BLAME IT ON THE REFS
Blind Refs

M-Dog2020:

We were fucked all game by the officials. Too many penalties were bullshit calls - targeting and then Henry''s PF ? - each was like a turnover giving MSU life followed by points.

bablue:

The refs were terrible, but the Henry call did not end up costing us anything as we stopped them on that series on 4th down and ultimately probably ended up with better field position.  That said, the defensive holding call on Lewis, which was wrongly called on #86, cost us an interception and was a very questionable call.

mgoscottie:

they called an offsides on us where I saw the left tackle move before the snap.  They also blew the play dead for an offsides, did we jump and cause him to flinch?  What happened on that one?

M-GoGirl:

Replay official was the scoring leader in my book. 14 points by my count.

UWSBlue:

Don't  forget the bad pass interference call in the first half that negated a Michigan interception.  That changed the direction of the game as well.

NYMICH:

The officiating was horrific.  No 50/50 call went against MSU.  The targeting call was insane and led to 7 points

M-Dog2020:

Need to adjust the box score

First Downs
UM 10
MSU 10
Officials 10

That was just pathetic. Let them play football. The B1G needs to replace that head guy because he just has no command of the game. Why does he show up only when ESPN covers our games? And who was that replay guy ... the targeting was a joke and the refersal on that toe-tap pass was not conclusive enough to overrule both line judges who simulatenously signaled out in the replay. I mean it was like splitting one of those hairs on Judge Thomas' Coke can.

WORDS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN
F*ckBelow are words unsuitable for children. You have been warned.

Gluborob1:

FUCK

SaddestTailgateEver:

I wrote a haiku:
Fuck fuck dammit shit fuck damn
Fucking fuck shit fuck

UMProud:

I feel like I've been jailsexed by a gang of angry woodpeckers.  Someone give me a Depends for my ass and a bottle of scotch.

MGOTyrone:

We fucking deserve that ending.

umfan323:

coach Baxter He fucked that up ...... fuck fuck fuck

amphibious1:

What the fuck....What the fucking absolute fuck

MileHighWolverine:

What utter and complete horseshit....We fucked up all three phases of the game today

mgoblue:

WHAT....THE....FUUUUIIIIUIJJJJJJJJIUUUUUUUICCCCCCKKKKKKKKK??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tim Waymen:

Well the universe has us on one fucking short leash. Seriously, of all programs in college football, does Michigan really deserve shit that much more than others?

umfan323:

I'm not sure why that wasn't a Max protect punt but fucking shit

blueak:

FUCKIN SICKENING. To lose like this. I'm 64 and expect that I will be dead before we beat those pieces of shit again.

beangoblue:

Fuck. That pretty much sums it up. How does shit like that happen to us?

DonAZ:

This was a total fuck up of epic proportions.

a2umad:

FUCK --- I HATE STATE SOOOO MUCH!

CompleteLunacy:

Fuck. Fuck fuckity fuck.

milhouse:

Well...shit.

Uh-oh

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments