Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I miss good southwestern style cooking

0 HS
SlumLord6973's picture
December 31, 2014 at 2:02pm
8 Comments

My wife and I went to Nellis for four years and as a guy born and raised in the midwest it was more than a little bit of culture shock to move to Las Vegas. I can't say I fell in love with the culture but I absolutely LOVED the food. So many good mexican places to eat. Tex Mex. Korean-Mexican infusion. Fish tacos....oh my god MOLE Rojo and verde sauce. 

We do not have one single place I've seen in Ohio that does southwestern right. Its all chains that taste like they opened all their food from a can. Serving up the same entrees with the refried beans looking like a baby took a runny shit on your plate and the same dried out "spanish" rice side dish. I mean do all these cookie cutter "mexican" places shop at the same food outlet? 

Best chain for me was Baja Fresh. The talapia tacos were amazing with the pineapple chipotle sauce. I know its not authentic but man it was tasty. Insted of lettace they shredded cabbage and put in a slice of avacado. I tell you guys what. We are missing out on some good food living in the midwest. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments