Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Morganna The Kissing Bandit's Last Interview

Matt Gutridge's picture
December 26, 2014 at 11:45pm
7 Comments
Morgana

Yes, that is an Ohio State shirt that Morganna is wearing. Yes, she does live in the Columbus area.

Watched a very interesting E:60 about Morganna "The Kissing Bandit" (Nancy Rose) earlier tonight. The producer of the show spent nine years trying to get Morganna to agree to the interview. She finally agreed and the piece was very good.

One of the most remarkable things I learned from the show is that Morganna is living in a suburb near Columbus. That's right, the Kissing Bandit has been living in the Columbus area for many years.

Things I learned from the show

• In 1969 Pete Rose was the first player Morganna kissed on a field.
  • Morganna kissed Nolan Ryan on an opening day in Houston drawing over 40,000 to the Astro Dome. The next season only 20,000 attended opening day.
  • Morganna surprised Pat Sajak with a kiss on his late night show.
  • In the early 1990s Scottie Pippen was the last player Morganna gave an unauthorized kiss to.   
  • Morganna had a very tough childhood and made the best of her circumstances in a way that worked for her. She seems to be a very honest and "real" person.

As a kid I remember seeing clips of The Kissing Bandit on the nightly news and on ESPN. Never really thought too much about her. I also remember when the Clippers had a special night in which she was making an appearance in the 1990s.

ESPN article about the show.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments