Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Moving to Columbus - Networking Advice?

WrightBuckeye's picture
February 28, 2014 at 5:46pm
3 Comments

After a stint in California I will be moving to Columbus at the end of March. With that said, I was wondering if anyone can offer advice on networking? I received a Master's degree from OSU in environmental science, and I am currently working outside of my field of study. Right now I am really just looking for advice on networking in and around Columbus, any help is appreciated. 

OSUStu's picture

There is a Columbus Young Professionals Club that you might want to check out.  https://www.cypclub.com/events

I can't really speak to the club's effectiveness, but you may find it useful if you are in fact young and professional.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

HolyBuckeyeOSU's picture

I will second what OSUStu has provided, myself have went through CYP and it is worth it...always putting on events, they have recreational things such as Basketball, Volleyball etc...if you haven't already I would advise creating a LinkedIn account, it has worked for me and I have connected with all kinds of people around the Columbus area for job serving purposes!

welcome home and best of luck!

Go Buckeyes! 

OSUnathen's picture

If you need a good Real Estate Agent I can give you the # to the agent we used. He was really good and knows all areas of Columbus.