Upnorth_Buckeye's picture

Upnorth_Buckeye


MEMBER SINCE   March 24, 2015

Recent Activity

Comment 15 hours ago

Being someone that has zero personal experience with Nevada

That's why it confuses many.  I was you 10 months ago.  I've heard of this Nevada guy, but didn't know anything about him.  I joined Rivals when Alex Gleitman went there, and submitted my cancellation after the first year 2 months in.  While I don't know how he will be on the new site (I won't know), if he acts like he was at Rivals you will know soon enough.  And it's not just him, but people who like him will flock there.  Imagine having a group of friends, and all of them are good guys and invite good guys to a party.  But one guy is a complete asshole, and invites a bunch of complete assholes to a party.  That party (their message board) will now be 20% assholes.  Think of it like a cancer spreading.  You may think "but guys, it's just one bad dude!  just ignore him!"  Well, good luck avoiding 20% of the posters who will be complete assholes if you want to join a community discussion.

Comment 28 May 2020
Did I force their hand to align themselves with a bad human being? No, I didn't? Then I won't feel bad if they fail. Just like I won't have an issue reading their stuff on a different site if they happen to fail.
Comment 28 May 2020
That's kind of misleading for Edwards. Both made picks because of the new no foggy policy. Wiltfong is a 6 confidence and Trieu a 2. Although he said that if Edwards commits before the season, he has a hard time seeing it not being Michigan but if he takes visits, who knows.
Comment 28 May 2020

I'm not in his head, but I'm presuming he is not talking about that and is talking about the game actually happening.  A few sentences before that is "I'm leaning that the game happens. It will depend on the virus status at the decision date."  And talking about a long flight and long bus ride is kind of random to bring up if no other context is given.

Comment 27 May 2020
If I have a good couple of friends that I really like, but they only want to meet up if they can bring their spoiled, obnoxious, poisonous personality friends around, I'm not meeting up with those good friends. And good luck "not reading his stuff" when their model will revolve around a message board that will now be flooded with like minded users/posters. Good luck with that bro.
Comment 27 May 2020
Oh geez, I just realized something. Let's just say that NB and Barton attract a certain type of person (complete f'ing morons). Their boards will be a mirror of the rivals board, but with an even higher concentration of disgusting.
Comment 27 May 2020
That's too bad that NB and Kirk are also going. I will never give that new site a penny of my money. I'll still check it out for the free BG content (he said he'll be a hybrid free/pay). But contribute to NB's salary? Even if it's to the detriment of BG, the answer is: Hell. No. If he wasn't there, I'd pay $150 a year.
Comment 27 May 2020

While it would be an added expense, you can double the number of planes and buses typically taken.  But I don't think a flight from Ohio to Oregon is going to be any more dangerous than a flight from Ohio to Nebraska.  Not that OSU is going to Nebraska, but all across the country there will be somewhat long distance inter-conference flights.  That's partially why I don't understand the logic of "we can do B1G games, but not OOC games."  Are they planning on re-doing schedules across the country to eliminate flights longer than 2 hours?  Playing 6 conference games and that's it?  We can't play Iowa, because their flight here is too long?  We can't play PSU, because the bus ride is too long from their airport to campus?

If flights are too dangerous over 2 hours, then the season should be cancelled.  If a 2 hour flight is too dangerous, then the game of football (from a virus spread standpoint) is too dangerous.

Comment 27 May 2020

I would add the disclaimer that Michigan's class ***might*** end up being pretty good.  The state of Michigan was VERY strong this year, having 3 top 50 players and an additional 2 top 100 players.  It is not out of the realm of possibilities that they only land 1 of the top 100 players and zero of the top 50.  If that is the case, their class will not end up being good.  But if they finish with both Edwards and Spindler (2 of the 3 top 50 players), then yes their class will be pretty good.  But even if they miss on Spindler but land Edwards, I would consider that a massive failure.  

Comment 27 May 2020

Or BG thinks he's being very undervalued as a pure Safety (what he appears to be listed as on 247) and OSU focuses more on pure corners or hybrid guys (CB/S), and less so on pure safeties (unless they're an elite pure safety, which even if he's undervalued BG is not stating that Moore is elite).

Comment 25 May 2020
Anything wrong with the player? Agreed, no. Anything wrong with the cringe worthy cartwheels? Not a huge deal, but for me yes. And I'd say it was cringe worthy if Day and Mattison did it.
Comment 25 May 2020
I think in order for the season to be cancelled midseason, there would either need to be a breakout throughout the NCAA football field of teams, or a "2nd wave" in the late Fall/Winter in the general public (and presumably would also reach into the player pool). But if things remain the same as it currently is, there won't be a cancellation. Otherwise using that logic there would be no current plans for a start of a season. Edit: and to clarify, I am personally concerned about that. Specifically the latter with a second wave possibly coming and causing the bowl/playoff to be cancelled.
Comment 25 May 2020
This. While I would strongly disagree with a guard being even #3 on that list, I'd at least see the argument. But having him ahead of an elite DL prospect makes me question your football IQ.
Comment 25 May 2020
You may not care about recruiting titles, but you clearly don't care about national titles either if you have a non absurdly elite OG (like Quenton Nelson) above an elite DL prospect. OSU needs a punter. If we didn't have one commit recently would you have an unnamed punter at #1?
Comment 25 May 2020
JT has to be over Latham. Elite DL will always be more valued than elite OL (look at the draft and highest paid non QBs in the NFL). That, and DL prospects have a much higher hit rate than OL. In other words, JT is more likely to be a stud than Latham is. So JT over Latham is an easy one. In today's football, WR is very highly valued, and if we weren't recruiting at an insane level there I'd consider Emeka over Latham. But we are recruiting at an insane level at WR, so Latham over Emeka. And at a minimum, Wolfe is flipped with Davis (TE in general, but a 2nd TE no less is not as valuable as a potentially elite back 7 player). And then Button and Davis are close. I'd probably say Davis over Burton based on potentially elite back 7 over guard, but needs coming into play make it close. 1) JT 2) Latham 3) Emeka (somewhat close to Latham) 4) Malone 5) Davis 6) Burton (close to Davis) 7) Wolfe
Comment 21 May 2020

I kind of feel the same way as well.  Not only am I not an anti-vaxxer, but I am pro flu shot.  And while we don't know if covid-19 will be around forever like the flu and will require an annual vaccine like the flu, but if it is I will be lining up to get it every October/November beginning in 2021.  Not quite sure if I will in October/November of 2020 though given my age and lack of comorbidities.

Edit: and sounds like from other responses I won't be allowed to get it anyways in 2020.  Even better.  It should be for elderly and those with underlying medical issues.

Comment 20 May 2020

I am no expert with non-compete, but I wonder if there's a clause that in a certain period of time he cannot willingly leave for a competitor, but if it's starting a new company that is allowed?

Comment 20 May 2020

I believe he said it is also a paid website, but at least a component (and more a good amount) of whatever content he provides would be free.  Probably because the money he would bring in is eyeballs and therefore ad revenue.

Comment 19 May 2020
Unless Fields isn't playing, I see no realistic way OSU loses this year (of course it could happen, but not realistically, unless the winner of their QB battle is a legitimate top 5 QB nationally). But 2021 may be their best chance. New QB who will either be a redshirt freshman or true freshman. On the road. Their QB will be a 2nd year starter. And our possible best class ever/at a minimum outrageously elite class will be true freshmen. And our 2019 class, which will be the meat of the roster as juniors, was not a typical absurd OSU class. If they don't win in 2021, I mean come in. Edit: to directly answer the question, if he is there for 3 more years, I will give him a 40% chance. If there for 6 more years, a 60% chance. There "for a lifetime," 99.999%.
Comment 18 May 2020

Grimes.  But he, too, from what others have said is probably in the 5%, maybe absolute highest 10% range.  So realistic get, probably nobody.  Unless they change course and go Derrick Davis Jr at safety and stop in the secondary there.

Comment 17 May 2020
Williams absolutely has the higher ceiling, no doubt. And at the college level, has a very high floor as well. But in terms of a pro prospect, you can tell he definitely has a ways to go. He has awful footwork and often just chucks it. But he's also a junior in high school, not a junior in college, so he could be Justin Fields some day. But from a passing standpoint he's not close to that.