- Coastal Kitchen is a good spot for a nice dinner
- Volunteer Park is just up the road from Coastal Kitchen and has an awesome old water tower that offers some great views of Seattle and the surrounding area (and it's free)
- Lake 22 is my favorite hike near Seattle (takes about an hour and 30 minutes to get there by car)
- Ballard is a great neighborhood with some awesome breweries (Peddler, Reuben's, Stoup)
- Georgetown Brewing is just south of downtown and they do free tastings
- Golden Gardens is an awesome beach / park with amazing views. Make sure to stop at Un Bien on the way and pick up a Caribbean Roast sandwich
- Take the water taxi from downtown to West Seattle. It's a short 15 minute ride on the water and offers some amazing views of the skyline
Enjoy! I recently moved back to Columbus but after writing this list I'm thinking about moving back already.