I disagree, I think Alabama is a whole tier above anyone else in the (future) rankings, with Clemson and Georgia separated in tier 2. 12-1 Alabama is an absolute lock to make the playoffs, and would get in ahead of (one of) undefeated Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Stanford / Notre Dame. 12-1 Georgia would make it over any other 1 loss team except Alabama or Clemson. In other words, you must finish with one fewer loss than Clemson or Georgia to be ahead of them. Alabama is probably in at 10-2.
How many OSU losses to Michigan are acceptable in order for our kids to hate them properly? Because if them losing to Notre Dame makes it not a rivalry, beating them every year REALLY makes it not a rivalry. I say none, no losses to Michigan are acceptable. I'll take the challenge of explaining to my kids why I hate Michigan so much even when we beat them 20 times in a row.
I believe the theory that a contingency of Nike's $1 billion deal with LeBron required him to go to LA, which explains a lot of the oddities with the signing (done July 1, was in the bag for a few days for sure and longer than that according to some insiders, 4-year deal not maximizing his salary, single meeting with Magic Johnson, etc).
And if Nike's running the show, I would expect their premier American athlete to continue right on with one of their premier college athletic programs.
The fan love won't be the same in Ohio but I predict LeBron's presence won't be reduced. Unless, of course, LeBron starts to be a big fan of USC all of a sudden.
Deandre Ayton, Arizona
Trae Young, Oklahoma
Marvin Bagley, Duke
Jalen Brunson, Villanova
Devonte Graham, Kansas
Miles Bridges, Michigan State
Trevon Bluiett, Xavier
Jock Landale, St. Mary's
Jevon Carter, West Virginia
2018 total includes 90 players, we're yet to cut down to 85. Still, even if we remove five 5* guys the 2018 total would still be the highest.
Additional Improper Nomenclatures: ZAGA, HOUS
Per kenpom.com South Dakota St is the weakest of the 12 seeds, though Gonzaga is the strongest of the 4 seeds. Tough travel situation though, drawing those two in Idaho.
Beat Michigan and go on to face Notre Dame for the B1G championship. I can dig it
Nice to play USC in a bowl game at a NEUTRAL site for a change
This is tough because out of 100 things you could consider in favor of Alabama or Ohio State it's about even. Here are some things that jump out to me:
- Alabama absolutely gets the benefit of the doubt for being Alabama. Ohio State gets some of that same respect (last year) but nobody beats Alabama by 31, and that happened to us twice in a year. Can't help but think the committee envisioned a second 31-0 Clemson whoopinyg and said that wouldn't happen to Alabama.
- This has little to do with resume, so the constant use of that term is misleading. Why is Alabama's resume better than Ohio State's, or Wisconsin's, or Auburn's for that matter? (Also why is our resume better than USC's?)
- Ohio State has had high highs and low lows this year. The most impressive thing we did was to Michigan State; I haven't heard that mentioned once by all the analysts. The PSU and Wisconsin wins were nice resume builders, but the Iowa loss is a resume shredder. Alabama has nothing as impressive, but nothing as destructive either.
- Interesting the analysts mention the whoopings the B1G got in the 2015 and 2016 playoffs (to favor Alabama) but leave out that the B1G team in question beat Alabama and won the NC in 2014.
- Basically if you like Alabama you pick a few bits that favor them, if you like Ohio State you pick a few bits that favor them. There's no "right" answer so saying the committee "absolutely got it right" is dumb.
- If they just want to pick the four best teams then call Vegas and ask who'd be favored against the other teams under consideration.
You forgot about 2017 Penn State
2012 Nebraska, 2014 Ohio State
Are there any notorious referee-blown games that we're storing in the 11W memory banks? I can't think of any offhand, but maybe they've been suppressed deep into my subconscious. Please exhume...
15th ranked Rutgers !?!?
"Roseboro... shows his heels to the southerners."
soon your luscious honey sugar mellifluous life is gonna end
886 + 322 + 53 = 1261 not 1278
Not too sure we should be using these stats as definitive
Is that the Cougs new appellation now that Herman (Mensa) has departed?
NOW I'M TIRED OF THIS #$%^! I'M SICK AND #$*(&## TIRED OF AN 8-10 RECORD! I'M @#*&%* TIRED OF LOSING TO PURDUE!
So if you just beat the #1 team 16-7, and you're undefeated, what's your new rank?
In other preseason news, the OSU offense has added some post-up moves and a four-seam fastball, has a new diet, is in the best shape of its life, had lasik surgery, has been working with a shooting coach, etc. etc.
Chuck Norris has swum the Atlantic
2. The robe is amazing.
3. Per the website, Ezekiel Elliott won this award in 2014. Is that known?
Also liking the Messi and Federer mullets from the source...