It belongs in a museum!
Dorsey, under pressure. Throws it! Incomplete! The Buckeyes win! Cie Grant was the man who pressured Dorsey and now the party begins for the Ohio State Buckeyes. They are 14-0.
- Keith Jackson (The GOAT)
Thanks for the help! Go Bucks
First off Will Grier, really? Second, I think we’ve all seen the past few months that this season’s best players and next year’s nfl draft will be heavy on d-lineman. It got me thinking, is there a chance that a primarily defensive player finally wins the Heisman? Oliver, Bosa, Gary and pretty much all of Clemson have legitimate candidates.
At this point, unless they find additional evidence of wrongdoing or coverup by Urban, he will be reinstated. I just don’t see any other alternative. I doubt their will even be a suspension. The media might be upset but they will move on to their next story within a day or two and forget about this one.
Correct me if I’m wrong but they can’t just fire Urban because of an angry twitter mob. They have to have cause or evidence of wrongdoing. As long as urban’s statement turns out to be all true (which is what is being investigated) then he should be reinstated. If they were to fire him anyway as a pr move then Urban has every right to sue the university for wrongful termination. I’m no lawyer but I would think Urban would have a great chance of winning there.
As a side note, has anyone been following the string of tweets by Mcmurhpy? He seems to be getting more angry and defensive by the minute. I think he is starting to realize that Urban will likely keep his job and he is not happy. He wants him gone so he can get hired again. Now we are starting to understand why he may have been let go in the first place.
When this story first broke I was almost certain Urban would be fired. Last night I was 50-50. Now after hearing more info, zach’s interview and Urban’s statement, I will be surprised if Urban is let go. I think he will be reinstated early next week. As far as a suspension, I am not sure osu will go even that far. I just don’t see any wrongdoing by Urban aside from a terrible big ten media day press conference.
I think this is a good thing. Hoping that Urban will be back by the opener with his name cleared. If he really did have knowledge and covered it up, Gene Smith would have had him resign today. To me this means they are confident this investigation will prove his innocence and we can go back to normal.
I don’t see any issue with grown men wearing jerseys on game day. I do now and will continue to do so however I don’t always wear a jersey. I’ll also occasionally wear a pullover or sweatshirt or polo.
Loved AJ Hawk. The long hair and intensity he played with is something I’ll always remember.
Gotta believe the most likely of these is the winter classic. Blue jackets vs penguins or red wings. I think this would be awesome for Columbus but isn’t the winter classic always on New Year’s Day? If so and if the Buckeyes are playing that day then attendance will be minimal.
Its always fun to start a dynasty with like Middle a Tennessee or Umass then build them into perennial powerhouse
Michigan is going to a blue background in their endzone and I have to admit that will look pretty cool. I just think their has to be something different we could have. Use gray instead of black and it would look better.
I don’t know where I put JT on my all time OSU quarterback list. Off the top of my head; Troy Smith 1, Kern 2, Krenzel 3, Pryor 4, then Braxton 5. Throw in Bobby Hoying, Joe Germaine and Cornelius Greene. And I guess Art Schilchter despite what has happened since leaving Ohio State. JT is way overvalued because of the stats he put up. Imagine Pryor in the Urban Meyer offense.
Bless me Woody for I have sinned.
1. No, J.T. Barrett is not the best quarterback in Ohio State history. That title belongs to Troy Smith. Apparently some people forget that he won the Heisman by one of the widest margins ever. I think as time goes by more fans will start to realize this. I love JT but his best asset was getting the ball to his playmakers while Smith was himself a playmaker.
2. This is a make or break year for Zach Smith. Our receiving corps is highly rated and experienced so there is no excuse for a lackluster season similar to what we have had the last 2 years. If they underperform again, he should be out. And with Earle Bruce’s passing (RIP), believe it or not it will make it a little bit easier for Urban to move on from Zach Smith.
3. It was mentioned above that they want to see Ohio State as the underdog again. As much fun as that can be, especially if we win a title as underdogs, just once I want to see Ohio State as the heavy favorites the entire season with it all ending with a title. I’ve never seen Ohio state as the team everyone talks about as the heavy favorite with it actually happening. We were the underdogs in 2002 and 2014 then the years we were the Goliath favorites in 2006 and 2015 we couldn’t win it all. That would be fun.
4. I enjoy rooting for some of the lower caliber Big ten teams, most notably Purdue, Northwestern and Minnesota throughout the season because I feel bad for their fans that their teams are usually terrible and have no chance of winning it all. I obviously do not root for them when they play the Buckeyes.
5. The Ohio Stadium fan experience isn’t great. Let the band play and stop advertising at every break. Over the course of the next x amount of years I will be traveling to every other Big Ten stadium to watch the Buckeyes and I am very much looking forward to seeing how other schools make the fan experience better. Penn State looks like a blast. Also, I hate that beer is served in the stadium. This isn’t the NFL.
6. I want the field art to change because I despise the red endzones and black outline. Take me back to the gray letters and red outline like they had before 2007. I also wouldn’t mind going back to grass.
Now I’ll go say 10 Carmen Ohio’s and 5 Buckeye Battle Cry’s.
The helmets are matte black with the neon green buckeye stickers (same ones they wore on the alternate helmets the past few years)
Motsag.com getting some love.
From my hometown in Tiffin. Best chips in the world