Bucks get the ball up 7 with 10:26 to go. An 11-play, 68-yard drive ensues, eating up 5:47 on the clock with mostly runs. Jim Tressel smiles and continues knitting. On 4th and 1 from the 7 with 4:39 to go, we don't take the FG and go up two possessions. We also don't run QB sneak, which has worked throughout the season, even from 3 yards out. Jim Tressel drops the crochet hook and faints. Before the ball was snapped, when you saw Justin Fields in shotgun, what was your take?
Gratuitous hot take: Michigan is terrible. That aside, is this the week Ryan Day greenlights Justin Fields in the running game? If not, will we see it unleashed before the playoff? Please include a comprehensive discussion of Justin Fields' veganism in your answer.
This comment is gold.
I watched Barnes' interview and saw the Q&A regarding Kourt Williams. We're speculating, of course, but I interpreted Barnes' non-answer to signal that maybe they have something special in mind for Kourt and didn't want to give it away. I did not get a "Brendon White" vibe.
Agreed. I don't know who will be on the top line, but I almost guarantee Sermon/Teague will be an OR.
The fascination with Justin's veganism is a bit much. We get it, he's vegan, that means he doesn't eat meat and stuff, back to football questions.
It is an inexact science, but OSU is making it look like 2+2=4.
Math is also making it look like 2+2 = 4.
If we're going to work in a gratuitous Kareem Walker reference, let's be sure to include Derrick Green, too.
1. Latham - need a high level OT, and there doesn't seem to be a realistic plan B. I'm sure they could pull someone from elsewhere, but we're probably talking about a dropoff.
2. JT - game-changer on DL always highly valued
3. Malone - ditto, and we didn't take any true DTs last class and only one (Hall) so far this year
4. Davis Jr - elite talent is always a priority regardless of position, and positional versatility means he's not a total luxury
5. Egbuka - elite talent, but total luxury
6. Wolfe - high-level blocking TE is important to Wilson/Day's offense, even if it doesn't show up in stats
7. Burton - OG is not a position of need after taking a bunch last class
I would put Waycraken over Biddle.
If you think Jack Miller is in the ballpark with the other two QBs, then it's Dan's team by a mile. If you think he's a distant third among the QBs, then I can see a case for either of the other two.
Day says he's gotten into using his crock pot. "I kind of like working the crock pot."
Baller move, Coach.
By "so we can put these finally to bed," I assume you mean "so we can start talking about them in the transfer portal?"
Derrick Green and Kareem Walker, come on down.