Absolutely agree. ... Sort of reminds me of JT a little. Each passing year Barrett appeared to get slower with less arm strength.
"Once that deliberation went past 4-5pm they should have just set a presser for 9AM the next morning, vowing that they would get a decision made prior to that."
EXACTLY. Plus you diffuse the media members who were getting cranky from waiting all day.
Wednesday night was just a PR debacle, and not sure who was in charge.
1. Could Meyer have handled Wednesday night better? Absolutely. I don't know if litigation kept him from mentioning Courtney Smith by name, but that would have quelled some of those out looking for blood.
2. Since domestic abuse seems to be at heart of this matter, had he / university announced the creation of some type of endowment / research — any type of positive community spin — it would have been hard to argue they didn't care.
3. The report coming out after the fact was wrong. Let those asking questions see it during conference, so they can be better prepared.
4. Did anyone really think all parties would be fresh and all smiles after 12 hours of heated debate. I'm sure Drake, Smith, Meyer were all fried, frustrated, angered, you name it. Then you put them out there and expect them to be forthcoming and remorseful and thought-provoking with their answers. ... Would it have been that bad to have come back this morning, so that everyone involved could have had time to reflect?
I just think the university had an opportunity to minimize the damage, possibly put a positive spin, and what happened was we v. them mentality.
Who doesn't have Christmas presents or other items delivered to their office, especially if at no cost to business? Not quite sure what the latest McMurphy news drop achieves. Some thoughts:
1. He essentially buried the last remains of Smith's football career. Unless he joins a staff with Durkin, Briles.
2. McMurphy clearly has a line to Courtney Smith. Likely he's had all of this info since the early interviews when this all began, so how convenient that he drops this latest just days after joining Stadium.
3. Courtney Smith obviously knew all of this, so the investigating committee — which did interview her with her attorney — must also know this. If they don't know it? Then they can't really hold this latest against Smith or Meyer.
4. This could have all been handled better amongst the adults. The kids are the real losers.
Also, notice that ESPN story refers to it a report in Stadium and fails to mention McMurphy, who it touted until this week. When ESPN mentions McMurphy regarding the initial interview, it fails to mention that he's now at Stadium. Just shoddy journalism.
Brutus looks scared, like "holy crap, what if Urban isn't here on Sept. 1. ....
He didn't say the football team would march into the stadium. And he didn't say Ohio Stadium, so maybe two days after on a Monday the soccer team wins in C-bus?
I live in North Carolina, and people here think Tar Heels fans are the biggest whiners anywhere. I tell them, no, you haven't met a Michigan fan. I say bury the Wolverines before Jimmy can ever dare make this rivalry relevant again.
BLAND. Yawn ... just give me a win.
"For him to basically make them holdout on recruiting another QB for 2 years ... " That's on OSU if they held out and they should have known better. Yeah, we'd like to think we can take an 18-year-old's word, but we also know that is a tenuous thing.
Yes, it starts in the home. I have seen plenty of so-called proper late-teen kids, so they do exist. But I see a lot of these up-and-coming 4- and 5-star athletes, whatever the sport, and they just have this attitude that they are entitled to things. It's told to them by their parents, their coaches (especially AAU basketball) and then when you have big-time programs drooling over you, it's hard not to think you are in control. And they are, but so a little respect and class.
Since when did 17- and 18-year-old prima donnas become courteous?
All this crap attention on an alternate uniform. ... how will it look if they go out and lose on Saturday?
wonder what the Buckeye stickers will look like. Yellow, perhaps, like wolf piss? Blood red for wolf carnage?? camo Buckeyes?? does a wolf trump a nittany lion?? if not, then someone in admin didn't do their homework, cause we all know a Buckeye will kill a wolverine.
Wait until you see the shoes. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
OMG, can we please leave LaVar out of some type of space. Preferably this one?
Pray that it's a slop fest.
Don't take it personally ... but bad taste.
When did Ohio State feel like it needed to compete with the Oregons and Floridas of the world. Alabama is Alabama because they do one thing really well. Play football. Screw the uniforms. Doesn't seem to hurt them in recruiting either wearing those boorish red and white unis. At least I could stomach the throwbacks to the Chic era cause it was a way of paying homage. But this crap-ass wolves thing? Who is OSU paying homage to? Duran Duran?? Kevin Costner.
Not sure all the consternation about No. 5. ... Just scholly the kid from TBDBITL... Dot the i AND beat TTUN in the final second all in the same day.
Been watching college football since late 1960s. Not sure I've ever seen a punter with such command over a ball than he has. It's almost like watching Phil Mickelson with his wedges. He can make a ball dance to the tune.
Then next year, you have to think Penn State and Ohio State will be East front-runners if natural roster evolution takes place. ... That's then three years that Harbaugh has no title. Rumblings begin, Les Miles continues to show up in Ann Arbor and next thing we know its RichRod / Hoke all over again.
As much as I thought he was over the line, the image shown isn't overhead, but also angled like many of the others being floated out there. If it was overhead, the hash marks wouldn't be angled. ... Regardless, it was a first down and ... THE BUCKEYES WIN.
Why is nearly every reference to Herman attached to "founder of MENSA"? We get it, he's brilliant. Why not add GOAT to Meyer?
I'm in the dreaded South and would be surprised if its Pruitt. Georgia fans were not enamored with the guy and a Bulldog alum friend of mine said he was part of Richt's decline this season.