72 hours well spent!
Proud Block O Alumni for two seasons ('96 and '98) out of my fours years as I wanted to be there when we lay the beatdown on TTUN.
- Pretty sure I lost my voice after every single game
- Sat through every weather conditions, heartache and pure excitement one can imagine at a football game with a bunch other nutzos like me and my buddy (we teamed up for Block O tickets for both seasons)
- I don't blame any young'ins for having recent complacency over TTUN, but being there in '96 after we secured Rose Bowl birth and ranked #2 undefeated, with NC title in sight, shutting out TTUN at half time, then have Griese led them back and facing another John Cooper loss scarred me forever
- I was there for the '98 Michigan St upset in the freezing rain as well when we again went into the game undefeated with a loaded Cooper team and NC in sight. Not sure if it was tears or rain on my face at the end of the game TBH
- I certainly had tears in my eyes (figuratively) the following week when we redeemed ourselves drilling a Tom Brady led TTUN team into the ground, rushing the field before game was even over and collecting a piece of the sod that I held onto in a jar in my room for 10byears (finally lost it during one of my moves across the country)
- I stole a colored jersey (the kind you wear in conjunction with card stunts) for souvenir one time, but felt guilty and brought it back next game
- My buddy was an international student from HK, and it was most definitely one of his best highlight of attending OSU
- Had kids and senior citizens alike trying to join us in Block O midgames for the shenanigans we were doing, it honestly got uncomfortable at times due to crowdiness, but for the most part, no big deal
I took taekwondo and swimming back in the days...tried to get into Golf and tennis and they got snatched up pretty quickly during the time slots that I wanted.
If you read the full article, there's a pattern of behavior going back a couple of years. I don't remember reading about him here at 11W, but I'm glad he's not here. I share the sentiment about the state of our HS as others have said, sigh.
OSU WR Terry McLaurin torching Kris Boyd with a dime by Trace McSorley for the TD. pic.twitter.com/5TnCMvWobi— Kyle Read (@904Kyle) January 24, 2019
Sounds more like an HR related structure rather than based on his bi-weekly on-field performances (25 moves in 6 months, seem to align with a bi-weekly paycheck?).
Ryan Day has taken
all that Saban/Dabo/Riley have done the last couple of years on and off the fields, and executed them around here within a span of a couple of weeks, damn.
Ok, editing for clarification. I was referring to all the ruthless coaching moves, getting Fields, now as it stands, influencing Tate to move on, with potentially other coaching moves coming. In the same vein as Saban on Hurts, Dabo on Bryant, Riley on pushing out Stoops, etc.
Original post Edited for clarification.
I dunno how close he is to graduation, why not at least try to graduate in Spring/Summer and get a spring camp in, a la Burrow, instead dealing w/ the likelihood of sitting a year anyway and transfer now.
So....when is Little Animal joining the staff?
From MGO, take it for what it's worth,
January 6th, 2019 at 11:41 PM ^
Here’s what I make of the chatter (and after speaking to a connected OSU booster):
OSU did reach out to Washington. They were confident but they offered him pretty much the sa,w positions so it was a lateral move. If Brown and GMatt retire, there is thought that Washingtoncould move up at Michigan. Who knows what that means. Probably not DC, but there are additional responsibilities he could assume.
GMatt us seriously considering retiring, but Harbaugh has pretty much been begging him for one last season. Brown is likely gone.
as for Pep, this seams like the classic situation where Harbaugh is getting a ton of pressure to make a big offensive change but he is resisting. This last part is pure speculation. The prior paragraph is info from my OSU booster friend.
Do you have to be in grad school to be a GA or just a graduate?
Assuming you are asking about Doss, not in general,
For the second-consecutive year, a wide receiver without a committable offer picks up an Ohio State hat before choosing Purdue.— Andrew Lind (@AndrewMLind) January 5, 2019
TBH, the kid seems/sounds to be a bit inexperienced in the "crooting game. 5* rating might buy him some wiggle room with the coaches, but some adult guidance on his approaches might go a long way IMHO.
Go read the article on the Ozone where Gerd talks to him directly. He only ever talked to Pantoni. And in the forum, Gerd posted that he asked him who his primary recruiter was, and he said he didn't know. So, yeah, sounds like he might have called out Grinch without talking to him. Maybe he's never even heard of Taver Johnson. It's quite telling that Hartline was the one that contacted him.
We are going to let a single recruit effect *arguably* the most important position group on the team? I don’t see it. Either Day sees something in Stud we don’t, or he’s still evaluating his options. The man has been working...DC/LB/DB coach positions are all in play since Rose Bowl, he might just be working down the line of of his moves and eventually get to OL.
Went and took a peek, this seems...appropriate,
PSU board thinks it helps their case as Fleming hasn't been jiving with Corely, apparently.
In a (I believe Penn Live) article where they were interviewing Flemming, he mentioned his close connection with Gattis (Alabama), Hartline (OSU), and then James Franklin. I found it to be concerning when he didn’t mention Corley as the one he had a close connection with, and figured the writing would be on the wall for him. Flemming is arguably our most important recruit since Micah.
That Vannett interview brought back all kinds of memories from 2014...nice!
Yea bad take on my part in the middle of the night...long day yesterday. I was emotionally drained with the all the off field drama this year and ready to sign a class without more drama. I’ve had my morning coffee and changed my position, 5* QB, come on in and let’s compete!
Between the PSU flip to Georgia, this clip, and potential disruption to our QB room (Tate, Baldwin and Mathis could all be impacted), not sure I want the drama. A case of benefits may not outweighing the risk. As Urban says, this is THE MOST IMPORTANT role in all of football, if not all sports.