One was a forum thread in which the original title stated that Zach Smith had been arrested by the Powell Police Department in connection with the criminal trespassing charge that set this whole imbroglio in motion. I cannot find that thread now, but I believe a staffer posted it. Only after some rather extended push-back by numerous members commenting about the choice of the term "arrested" was the thread title changed to reflect more accurate terminology.
He was arrested in 2018. Please see Jason's most recent post on this topic in the following thread, including screenshots:
Here is the text of his post on this subject:
For the last time, Zach Smith was arrested by Powell Police for the May 22, 2018 charge of criminal trespassing. These are facts:
– There is an arrest report
– The incident report lists an arrest date of 5/22/18
– Zach Smith was read his miranda warning at 7:46 p.m. that day
– The incident report was cleared by Sergeant Ronald Sallows of the Powell PD with a status of an “Arrest - Adult”
– Zach requested a trial by jury and pled not guilty (seriously, how do you get to the point of pleading if you haven't been arrested)?
Just because he wasn't cuffed does not mean he was not arrested that evening. We didn't change the headline because we were wrong with facts. We changed it so you guys would stop making the language we used the central issue.
I know emotions are running high, but I'm truly losing patience with these false accusations.