I have rewatched the interviews several times.......
1. Gene Smith is a follower and has very little upstairs which would make him true leader material. He was selected and has been retained by OSU because of his willingness to follow blindly
2. Kevin Warren is a smart guy but seems very unprepared for the diversity of thought and disparity of passion and the challenges it brings. It seems like he would prefer parity over a dominant team or two leading the pack......the NFL model
3. Nebraska is the only program so far who is signaling publicly it will seek an alternative to this
4. The universities are insisting on secrecy for some reason. This is going to be challenged. More than the BigTen vote in 1974.
5. the B1G puts a muzzle on the BTN analysts. Revsine tried to press Warren but it appeared scripted as he quickly backed off. It will be interesting when one of these guys gets laid off to hear what he truly thinks
6. if there is football played in the B12/ACC/SEC this year and no players drop dead during the season directly from Covid, the destruction of OSU Football will be significant. We will have to choose between excellence or the B1G. Simple as that.
7. it seems there is something nefarious here. Is it pure politics to shut down the system to harm Trump? Is it a deliberate poison pill to send a message of some sort to athletes?
9. I love Day and Frost.