As much as we want the kids to be compensated I hope this doesn't morph into something else.
1. If star QB makes $500k a year wonder if the OL will protect him dearly or intentionally let him take a hit once in a while?
2. If 5 semi-professionals players are getting paid wonder how the other 80 amateurs going to take it? Work harder or kiss up to the 5 so they can give a good word to their agents. Will the team play for their brothers like they claim?
3. Will opposing team players put extra mustard on their legit hits on your top earning players
4. Few players showing up in corvettes for practice
5. During games on TV they show top 5 earners from both teams.
6. Can the non-earning players borrow from the top earners to fly their GFs to a bowl game?
7. Will the refs treat the top earners favorably or the calls are gonna go against them? May be it will be irrelevant but it will surely come up during close calls.
California forced NCAA's hands so it remains to be seen how this plays out. The Sun will rise tomorrow..looking at you covid-19!