Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's Week Three Tailgate Fare

+1 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
September 17, 2015 at 11:05am
59 Comments

I wanted to wait until later in the season to introduce this, but Mrs. 3M said that it would be better to get this out sooner, so that it can be enjoyed longer.  You may find yourself making this nearly every weekend.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you –

The Greatest Veggie Dip In The World

Ingredients:
2 Cups Hellman’s Mayonnaise
2 Cups Container of Sour Cream
3 Tablespoons Minced Onion
3 Tablespoons Parsley Flakes
1 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt
1 Tablespoon Dillweed
1 Tablespoon Accent
6 Drops of Tabasco Sauce
4 1/2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce

Directions:
Empty the mayo and sour cream into a bowl and add all ingredients.  Mix thoroughly and let sit overnight.  I recommend using a spatula to make sure you get the ingredients off of the bottom and sides of the bowl thoroughly mixed in.  Re-stir before serving.  Enjoy with whatever cut veggies you desire, or even a pieced up loaf of fresh bread or potato chips.
Pro Tip: I use one small jar of Hellman's (YTown shoud buy 2 and take 1 to work) and one 16oz container of Sour Cream, as they're each very close to 2 cups, so it cuts down on measuring them out, and it doesn't impact the taste at all.

This recipe was given to my mother by her friend, and since she gave it to me, I’ve made it at every single holiday function we’ve ever hosted.  I make it for any pot lucks, and without fail, someone asks for the recipe.

This is the best veggie dip you’ll ever taste – Guaranteed.  Well, I won’t give you your money back, but maybe he will…

Anybody else have anything good planned to eat this weekend?

Previous Tailgate Fare:

Week One: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Week Two: Chicken Tacos

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments