I spoke to Bolingbrook (IL) CB Parrker Westphal, who visited Ohio State for the first time this past Saturday. Here's what he had to say:
- Only a visit. Didn't camp.
- Visit: "It was great. I went to the football offices, where I saw the facilities, trophies, and got to meet with the coaches. I also took a tour of the campus, where I saw the academic side. I saw Buckeye Grove too."
- Coaches: "I spoke with Coach Coombs the most. He told me they really wanted me, and wants to build a relationship with me."
- Next visit: "I'm not sure, but I'll be back for a game."
- Other visits: "I just visited Notre Dame, it was ok. Next, I'm probably going to visit Florida, and West Virginia."
- No leaders
- No timetable
- Factors: "The academic standards, graduation rate, coaching, coaching stability, and the chance to play for nation titles."
- Goal: To improve at corner, and provide his quarterback, and Illinois commit, Aaron Bailey, an additional weapon on offense.
I definitely think Westphal is interested in the Buckeyes. He holds offers from many top Midwestern programs including Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, West Virginia, and a couple of others. The only SEC school who has extended Westphal an offer is Florida. This is definitely shaping up to be a big Midwestern battle for rising 2014 CB, Parrker Westphal.