One of the most impressive players at camp last night was 2014 Tarpon Springs (FL) East Lake athlete, Artavis Scott. Not only did Scott camp at Ohio State, he also got the chance to take a look around campus. Scott already holds an offer from the Buckeyes and appears to be very interested. Scott and I discussed his visit, a rumor he may commit soon, and more. Keep reading to get the latest on rising 2014 athlete, Artavis Scott.
- Visit: "I got to see everything. It was a really nice place. I will definitely be back at some point."
- Camp: "It was great getting to play under the lights. It was a fun to compete there."
- Contact with coaches: "I talked to Coach Meyer. He said the could see me in their offense and really wants me to be a Buckeye. The other coaches also told me they really want me to come to Ohio State. My primary recruiter has been Coach Drayton, but I will be talking to Coach Smith some now too."
- Commitment rumor: "I said I would talk to my mom about committing to Ohio State at some point. I wouldn't be any time soon, but I am definitely considering the Buckeyes."
- When does he plan to announce?: "I will be announcing signing day or at the Army Bowl/Under Armour Game."
- Leaders: "No, I don't really have any top schools."
- Future visits: "I'm going to Michigan right now. I'm taking a tour of their campus today and going to their BBQ tomorrow."
- Potential package deal with teammate Mason Cole: "We've talked about it before. It could happen if we both feel comfortable at the same school."
- Factors: "Who has the best offense and who has the best academics to help me succeed in life."
- Future visit to OSU: "I will definitely be back up for a game this year and an official next year."
- Best QB in his opinion: Drew Barker.
- Wants to improve all aspects of his game.
- No offense/defense preference, though most schools like him on offense.
There isn't a lot of tape on Scott right now, therefore he doesn't have as many offers as most would expect after watching him perform tonight. I expect him to "blow up" after the season and add a lot more offers to an already impressive offer list. I think the Buckeyes put themselves in solid position for Scott, but it will be tough to pull him out of Florida. Look for more on Scott when I release my Top 10 campers list later today.