Montae Nicholson attended the Ohio State camp on June 10th. It is widely known that Nicholson grew up a pretty big Ohio State fan and his stock is beginning to increase tremendously. I caught up with Nicholson to get the latest on his recruitment.
- Nicholson said that last year he was still a young unpolished player and didn't know the game very well. He has since progressed and became a student of the game in the offseason.
- He has attended camps at Penn State, Pittsburgh, Michigan, and Ohio State.
- On his Penn State camp: "It went very well. I thought I put on a good performance but it wasn't my best day. I received an offer from Penn State and got to talk to Coach O'Brien. It was a very informing conversation
- On his Pittsburgh camp: "I went down there more for the camp experience and less of a visit. I played as hard as I could which earned me an offer I wasn't really expecting."
- On his Michigan camp: "I got to see the Big House which was pretty cool. I got to meet the coaches and everyone was so nice. I put together a solid performance in which I gained another offer that I wasn't really expecting. Hopefully the Michigan coaches get to see me on a good day."
- On his Ohio State camp: "It was definitely the best camp I thought I performed at. I was able to meet all of the coaches including Luke Fickell and Urban Meyer. I took a tour of the facilities and liked how well it was all laid out."
- Academics are really important to Nicholson. The academics, facilities, and the coaching staff are really what stood out on his Ohio State visit.
- Nicholson also has offers from Toledo and Bowling Green.
Nicholson definitely is on the radar of the Ohio State coaching staff and that interest is being reciprocated on his end. Nicholson pointed out that his childhood fandom of Ohio State would have little impact on his recruitment. I have a feeling that an offer from Ohio State could come at some point, and if it does, Eleven Warriors will have it covered as always.