I was able to reach 2013 WR commit Taivon Jacobs to discuss his official visit to Columbus. Jacobs camped at Ohio State in June. He later committed to the Buckeyes in July.
- On his visit: "It was a great time and I got to see a ton of things I had not yet previously which was very cool. I really enjoyed being able to connect with the other commits that were also on campus and the current players on the team. I felt like I was already on the team."
- On the coaching staff: "Coach Smith is a great man and the guy I connect with the best. I got to talk to all of them."
- On what commits he is closest to: "I really was able to develop a good relationship and got pretty close with Darron Lee and Chris Worley. I hung out with them quite a bit while I was there. I also hung out with Shelton Gibson and Vonn Bell. I was recruiting a 2014 linebacker too."
- On what his future role may be at Ohio State: "I have told them repeatedly I am willing to do whatever they ask of me. They have told me I will be playing in the slot and they also envision I will be returning kickoffs and punts as well."
- If he is solid to Ohio State: "I am a solid commit to the Buckeyes. Its where I can see myself playing. I am considering taking an official visit to Maryland though. It is a possibility."
I talked to Jacobs a little bit more extensively on the possible official visit to Maryland. He said they are not recruiting him all that hard but that he was interested in checking out another school.
He was not adamant or absolutely sure he would take the visit. In the end, I do not see it happening, or that it is a concern. The way that he presented the idea to me made it sound pretty harmless. I would not worry about it at this time.