I've actually been playing with the idea of going out there next spring/fall (not summer, I heard the hike becomes miserable). I'd love to know if you have any extra words of wisdom that you came realized or came across while doing it!
Sounds good. I'll double check this thread tomorrow. Just let me know, thanks!
They did switch it recently, the sport isn't popular enough yet to support playing at a neutral location. As a casual observer, turning the championship on and seeing a somewhat indifferent, half-filled stadium wasn't a good look.
Edit: JRC beat me to the punch!
I sent a pm
I watched the first couple episodes of season one, but couldn't really get into it. I'm assuming it gets better after that?
Zeke is great, but based on pure talent, I wouldn't even say he's the best running back this century. Clarett was an absolute monster. The combination of his quickness, power, speed, and especially his vision as a freshman was out of this world. The numbers he put up while missing 4 games were insane. On top of that, he was on a team with considerably less offensive talent around him, imo.
Now over a full career, Zeke and all the other aforementioned running backs crush him; but on just pure talent and potential alone, I'm not sure anyone was as good as Clarett.
Edit: Should have actually read the article first where the Barnstormer is mentioned, oh well.
I never actually went to Jack and Benny's when I lived on campus due to all the long waits. However, I live in the neighborhood adjacent to the OSU airport and recently learned about Jack and Benny's Barnstormer Diner that is there. It's a really nice little place that is attached to an air hanger there. It can get pretty packed as well, but if you go at the right times (early and late morning) you can usually get in without a wait. It's now a favorite hangover spot of mine.
The door that leads to the attached hanger
24-20 Va Tech win
I don't think it's going to be a high scoring game giving Va Tech the edge at home. It just seems like it's too easy to game plan against us. They are going to stack 7-8 in the box and play man outside. Fuller and Michael Thomas will cancel each other out and I don't have faith in Braxton, let alone our other young receivers, proving to be effective against a top 5 defense. Our O-Line is one of the best in the country but they can only block so many and are going against one of the top DLs in the country. I have faith in our coaching to make adjustments and predict this but Bud Foster is no joke as he proved last year.
Iunno, I'm rambling, but I just don't feel good about this game. I hope I'm wrong.
I feel awful for Bassett what a devastating way to lose.
Chris Farley had one of the saddest lives you will ever learn about. A comedic legend who's genius fed directly into his depression. I hope the documentary truly analyzes that dychotomy instead of it just being an overblown "Best of".
Man, even without the ability to create his own shot, he could have been extremely valuable being on the court with Lebron this past series.
Congrats to Jon though!
Mega-Man because he's got a cannon for an arm!!!
A Cleveland Fan
We are the 1%!
The last paragraph sums it up for me and my feelings on the series. I'm a huge Cleveland fan and think and have argued that the Cavs can win. But I know. Deep down I know it's only a matter of time...
Great start to what's going to be a great weekend!
Come on, you didn't even try - it's on the front page of the forums.
Buster Douglas did it. And wasn't there like an old band director or administrator who did it (I know that's pretty vague)?
Sure, it's up there in the greatest three game performances of all time, but he wasn't even statistically a top 2 running back in the Big Ten last year. Katie is the greatest female freestyle swimmer of all time and did stuff like this:
She has personally lowered the world record in the 1,500 by 14 seconds since the summer of 2013. Or this one: She finished the Pan Pac final a slim 27 seconds ahead of the second-place swimmer. Or this one: Her time in the Pan Pac final would have been good for a top-20 finish at the U.S. National Championships … on the men’s side.
I love Zeke, but the shit Katie has accomplished is out of this world. She deserves every award, ever. However, since she's an Olympian and since the award goes to the most outstanding amateur athlete, I'm disqualifying her and voting for Zeke. Boom, loopholes.
Edit* Full disclosure, I ended up voting for Katie, I couldn't in good conscience not vote for her.
I beat a girl who runs a 4.97 40 in a race so that's something to hang my hat on.
I'm choosing nobody with powers/fantasy stuff (dragons) because I think that's cheating. And I'm going to include movies because, John Wick.
1) John Wick from the movie John Wick. Absolutely ruthless and efficient with a gun. I could have him be the all the muscle in the group and no one would touch us.
2) Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock. You know every clue/hint that the guys from Walking Dead miss all the freaking time? We wouldn't have to worry about it. Sure, he's an insufferable sociopath, but he'd be an invaluable asset and provide a skill-set very few others in the world would possess.
3) Lana Kane from Archer. Yuuuuup. More muscle. She's damn good in combat and is always getting people out of the Danger Zone instead of getting people into it.
4) Frank Underwood from House of Cards. If I'm making the assumption that everyone is in it for the team (and I am) who better than to put yourself in a position of power when interacting with other groups.
5) Bob the Builder from Bob the Builder. I'm not one to walk around a lot from place to place, so we're going to have to build protection and buildings. And I sure as hell know it wouldn't be Frank or I who'd be building the freaking walls. I hate splinters.
6) Buffy the Vampire Slayer. General Badassness and muscle. And Vampires are pretty close to Zombies, so she'd handle it in stride. Note: I've never watched a second of this show.
7) Osha from Game of Thrones. She's the Wildling that * SOMEWHAT SPOILER ALERT* is with Rickon. She's a survivor and would know how to live off the land. Plus she can fend for herself when it comes to combat.
8) Remy Hadley from House. Medical Knowledge + the only situation in life I have a chance with Olivia Wilde. It's a win-win
9) Ronda Rousey from the Ultimate Fighter season 18. Even though she couldn't take on any man regardless of size, age, strength, I've got certain... kinks she could work out, and would be my wife in this new dark age of society.
10) Carl from Walking Dead. So I could finally fulfill my dream of killing him.
I have 7 inches and 40 pounds on Ronda, and I can say with complete confidence that she would obliterate me within a minute.
And it would be the best minute of my life.
It blows my mind that you distrust separate and independent scientists from all over the globe who are backed by data and accuse them of being biased crooks, while at the same time unconditionally trusting an article from a site called dividedstates.com and believe everything within as 100% unbiased fact. An article, which if you scroll down a bit more, is disputed quite effectively by the top two comments in it's own comments section.