- Socks & Sandals are NO match for the " Canadian Tuxedo"
"You may not know it by looking at me but I can run really fast."
- One thing I won't miss from the last Notre Dame Fiesta Bowl beat down - Brady Quinn's sister in her bi-polar jersey.
- Nick Saban 007
- I hope the Browns draft Connor Cook, that will teach him to disrespect Archie
- Christmas mall traffic sucks
- Got to watch Christmas Vacation last night
- Not need for a sweater today, mid 60's in December - It's hooter, HOTTER outside than normal
- Once again we will see why Notre Dame balked at the Big Ten.
- Different year, same result, Bucks by 14 in this one.
- Under the current Playoff System, I can only hope Urban builds up Ohio State to the point where we can lose a game to an inferior / overrated opponent in a watered down overrated conference and still make the playoffs. Hell, maybe even play for a title when you don't win the division.
- SEC Speed
- I gave him credit, I said he had one move
- Yeah, so this is total B.S.
- This is the year to flip of Ohio State
- I guess not dropping 50 on Hawaii and the likes means you get screwed yet if you lose a game to a 3 loss team and beat a B.S. team with no offense you get in the playoffs simply because you are south of the Mason/Dixon line
- Zeke is the best all around RB in the country
- Proof the Heisman is a joke
- More proof ? Just watch that hack in Bama who has one move (falling forward) win the award
- Notre Dame in the Fiesta is a damn good bowl game
- There is no doubt in my mind that the Rose Bowl wanted Iowa over Ohio State and I know that is hard to imagine but it's true.
- Historically the Rose Bowl has opted for selecting a team that hasn't been to the game for a longer period of time over the team, even a better team, that has been to that game more recently.
- This is good for Iowa and the Big Ten in the long run, assuming Iowa wins, and they should, and Ohio State wins, and they should.
- Biggest point, Alabama should not be in the Playoff Four - simply put the SEC stinks this year.
- I would argue that either Ohio State, Stanford, yes Iowa or Notre Dame should all be considered over Alabama.
- Stanford would be my choice simply because they won their conference.
- And that is my final point, in this era of Playoff Football, you have to at least play for your conference title to be considered. Winning your conference is basically a requirement and I am fine with that.
- No doubt, Ohio State got the shaft this year but that is the breaks, last year we benefited.
- I just hope MSU beats Bama which would prove the BCS bias towards the SEC, last year it would have been Bama Vs Oregon, and this year, Bama Vs. Clemson in the old format.
- Start the 8 team playoff format countdown at 2 years ...
- Among several issues - one fault of this system that has never been fixed is this:
- If Ohio State had lost to MSU in week #3 and Alabama lost to Ole Miss two weeks ago, Ohio State would be ranked #2 or #3 and Bama would be on the outside looking in, for now.
- The other problem - SEC bias. The SEC West has turned into the new SEC East and the SEC East is one step above the ACC Coastal.
- For some reason, being the unanimous pre season #1 and only losing by a last second field goal to the #4/#5 team in the country isn't good enough, but losing to Ole Miss at home by a touchdown gets dismissed, while Ole Miss lost to Memphis.
- The Bucks can still get in, and I don't think it's as far fetched as the national guys by and large feel, but I think the Bucks should get in even if Bama' and/or Clemson win. IMHO, Bama should be the odd team out for the reasons listed above by Thomas.
- Woody16111 is having nightmares leading into this one.
- I've been up there, it's a disaster area, strange things happen as the game goes along. It's an awkward atmosphere.
- The BigMo is huge in this series. I expect TTUN to come out on fire, and play way above their heads for the first quarter and a half.
- The Bucks have to withstand that wave, energy from the crowd, hyped adrenaline from the the opposing team.
- Don't worry, OSU coaches, if the game is tight, don't try to find the ONE explosive play by getting too cute. Just pound the freaking ball down their throat.
- Defense, don't just hit em' hard, dammit hit TROUGH the opponent. Knock them down and drive them into the ground.
- Then, when the time is right, and they are crashing from their high, be ready to strike, take advantage, play hard and flip the BigMo.
- But don't let up, don't let the rat weasels back into it. Keep hitting them, keep pounding the ball. Strategically strike them down and pick them apart.
- This is the biggest game of the year, the biggest single game in sports.
- I still am very nervous, I have confidence in our guys, but the writing might just be on the wall for a bad outcome.
- So, only one thing left, prove me wrong. Take the prize, stun the world. Silence the crowd.
- This was a game were you give Zeke the ball 30x and stuff it down Sparty's face, that didn't happen and the Bucks lost the game.
To your second point -
- Clearly the QB situation was botched.
- I think Urban, like every other coach at any level for the entire history of football, fell in love with the big arm of Jones and didn't take into account other factors.
- In the end, neither QB got comfortable because the coaches tried to get cute with a silly rotation, that EVERYONE said wouldn't work
- Then the team captain QB got a DUI - that never helps.
- And the play calling has sucked, bad, all year. Never a solid complete game by the offense. It's like the offense needed a C-PAP machine all year.
- Don't forget the wide receiver unit has been decimated by graduation, and injury.
- In the end, and I was and remain a JT guy, the problem wasn't playing Jones, it was trying to get cute with the position and not understanding how to use the talents of the offense around his game. Had JT started all season, we still would be saying the same thing about the offense.
- This entire mess is on the coaches, IMHO
- I'm just glad the Browns are not playing today.
- I have a hard time coming to grips that the coaches lost track of Zeke. 8 carries on the 1st TD drive and only 4 after ? That is crazy. Didn't someone say to Urban or Beck "hey what is going on here ?" and if so why the hell did they feel running JT draws was more effective ?
- All year long I have kept saying "This will be the game the offense comes alive" and it's never happened. Next week is going to be a s.hi.t show if this type of play calling continues.
- As Zeke said, Ohio State gets too cute at times and forgets what works - Zeke works and that should be the focus on the field.
- It's time we start to shorten the game, and grind the clock.
- Ohio State doesn't have the outside weapons it did last year to be a quick strike offense.
- I hope everyone likes the Fiesta Bowl again, this time against Houston of all teams.
- I've been saying to myself every week "This is the week the offense gets going" and that has never happened to date.
- The game against TTUN is going to be ugly. If the same script appears in AA next Saturday, as it has all season long, the Bucks will not win that game.
- It's not so much that the play calling sucks, and it does, but at times things look good and it's rolling but then the coaches try to get too cute, as Zeke stated.
- Buckeyes wide receivers are decimated - this is causing a lot of problems. Noah Brown injury is really holding this offense back.
"It's kind of something we've seen all season, honestly," Elliott said. "We'll have some momentum, we'll call plays that work and then we'll try to get away from it and try to get cute and run some other stuff."
- THIS x100
- I've felt this way all season and I'm glad someone finally said it.
- What is a chalk board ?
JUST WIN THIS FREAKIN GAME !
- Bucks can handle ND - lines on both sides of the ball would give the Irish fits and I don't think they could contain Zeke at all.
- Clemson would be 50/50, honestly. Their QB is a dangerous player and the Bucks aggressive D could get out of position easily by losing contain opening us up for some big plays.
- I don't think at this point Ohio State beats Bama. The Bucks don't have enough WR talent to get downfield separation and the O line isn't protecting the pocket enough either.
- My outlook could change over the next three games, as it did last year about this time.
It's actually a neighborhood in Duluth, MN - just over the St. Louis River from Wisconsin. Maybe there is another Fond Du Lac, which would be cool if their girls are fun to lick as well.
They've beaten Ohio State at home one time since 1949.
- This hurts, unfair jab at Woody16111 - this was on my watch during my Ohio State tenure.
- A hot summer afternoon in Fond du Lac, MN
In Monday’s presser Urban said he was still debating whether or not J.T. Barrett should still be a captain. Would he still be a captain on your team? Why or why not?
- I would take the Les Miles approach on this issue and let the team decide. The team selects the captain so they should have final say on those matters. As a coach, I would certainly address the issue of OVI and being responsible and following the law. (I know that last point might be laughable to the younger generation.)
Though a one-game suspension is clearly the benchmark nationally for an OVI, what’s your take on Urban’s handling of the situation from a discipline standpoint which also included potential summer aid forfeiture? Did Meyer make the right call? Any chance he tacks on an additional game?
- I don't see how Coach could have handled it any better, knowing what we know to be the complete story. I think Meyer made the right call, and he didn't mess around. The decisions were quick and direct without a lot of confusion. I don't think I agree with the scholarship loss at this point. Maybe eventually or certainly on a subsequent offense that should be on the table. The only chance an additional game gets tacked on in my opinion is if some other development surface or some attitude problem from J.T.
With Barrett on the shelf, Cardale Jones is back in as the starter and faces the league’s 6th best pass defense yielding 176 yards per game. What kind of outing can we expect from Cardale?
- There is this voice in my head that says we will see the free wheeling Cardale from last year. Maybe it's the thought of being at this game and simply getting excited to cheer uncontrollably at a rout in the Horseshoe. Whatever it is, I think this Ohio State team has found it's stride and is in that "November State of Mind" with a championship in sight.
When Ohio State enters the red zone on Saturday night it could very well mean Braxton Miller lines up at quarterback. What’s your take on Miller as the temporary red zone QB? Will it happen? If so, what might we expect? Any chance Braxton throws a couple passes?
- If Miller at QB helps this squad win the game and score points, I'm all for it. However, based on my answer above I don't think this will be an issue. I think Cardale comes out on fire, and the team now in championship mode, hammers down on the gas peddle. In the event that doesn't happen, and the offense sputters under Jones, as it did earlier, I think Braxton will be the key player, in this game, to pull of the win. I don't see him throwing a pass during this game. I think that trick will come out in two or three weeks.